Hey Joat / THall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What supposed to be wrong with that 066? Two broken cylinder fins? Not when I shipped it. And you think you can just send it back with no discussion at all? I don't think so. First of all, it had no broken fins. Second of all, you bought a used saw. It's yours now. And claiming that two broken fins will lead to a "quick overheat and death"? Where'd you pull that out of, because it's certainly not true. Had I actually sent you a defective cylinder, I would simply replace it. The saw is yours plain and simple.

See, I told you guys he was up to no good. No, I don't like bringing this into the open forum. But Joat already did that when he bought the saw. You guys deserve to know the truth.

What supposed to be wrong with that 066? Two broken cylinder fins? Not when I shipped it. And you think you can just send it back with no discussion at all? I don't think so. First of all, it had no broken fins. Second of all, you bought a used saw. It's yours now. And claiming that two broken fins will lead to a "quick overheat and death"? Where'd you pull that out of, because it's certainly not true. Had I actually sent you a defective cylinder, I would simply replace it. The saw is yours plain and simple.

See, I told you guys he was up to no good. No, I don't like bringing this into the open forum. But Joat already did that when he bought the saw. You guys deserve to know the truth.

805578348_qmZii-L.jpg

Looks like it was when you shipped it .....

Looks like it was when you shipped it .....

Hmmm. Looks like you might be right. My mistake. But since when will that lead to a "quick and early death"? I still stand by posting this thread. Your intention all along was to find something wrong with this saw, with full intentions of returning it. That's not going to happen. You bought it, it's your saw. If it's determined that the cylinder needs replaced, I will do so.

Hmmm. Looks like you might be right. My mistake.
You expect us to believe you mistakenly thought there were no broken fins? This from someone who modifies saws and goes through them in excruciating detail?
Then, you have the nerve to ##### about the buyer being upset? What kind of a "christian" are you?

You expect us to believe you mistakenly thought there were no broken fins? This from someone who modifies saws and goes through them in excruciating detail?
Then, you have the nerve to ##### about the buyer being upset? What kind of a "christian" are you?

DAMN Ultra you have an eagle eye!!!:jawdrop: Steve
He knew this when he bought it, and this was his plan! I honestly do not recall the chips at all. Those little chips are completely inconsequential.

Page 18 of your thread ........
Like I said, you are correct. I'm sure Joat saw that before ever buying and this was the plan all along. I KNEW there was a plan, I was just stupid enough to fall for it. Lots of you guys warned me.

I'm 100% positive that those small chips will have no affect what so ever on the life of the saw. If it's Toms professional opinion that it needs replaced, I will do so. But you bought the saw Joat. You'r not going to jerk me around like this, and try to return the saw without any discussion what so ever!

Last edited:
It's quite obvious that I've jumped from the frying pan into the fire. I'm off to a couple of Dr appointments. I'm sure this thread will be 20 pages long in short order.

I stand by my comments above.

1. I honestly did not realize those chips were there. Even if I had, the cylinder causes me no concerns. I'd use it on my own saws.
  2. I'm 100% confident this was all planned. It was obvious something was up in Joats initial thread.
  3. If it is determined the the cylinder is indeed compromised and needs replaced, I will do so.

Read the thread Steve. If you did, you'd know that I replaced that cylinder because it could not be used with the Meteor piston. Is was ported for the Wiseco piston that had wider skirts, making it no longer serviceable with any other piston.

Im just showing the pictures you posted.....When you got the saw they were there .........When you replaced that cylinder there were broken fins on the replacement cylinder ........Just helping you support your first post in this thread....

He knew this when he bought it, and this was his plan! I honestly do not recall the chips at all. Those little chips are completely inconsequential.

If I paid $750 for a saw, you can bet your arse I'd not want there to be any "little chips" off of the cylinder. Those cooling fins aren't there just for looks.

Furthermore, to say that joat just wanted to buy the saw to return it is ridiculous. The saw is damaged. Own up to it like a man.

What disgusts me is this went from:

1. there were no broken fins when I had it
  2. after photographic proof was posted, it's not my responsibility because another mechanic looked at it
  3. the chips don't matter, and I didn't notice them. I'd use them myself.

I, however, would never accuse a seller of being sleazy and dishonest. I just wonder if the offer of a replacement cylinder would have been forthcoming had there been no pictures. Somehow I doubt it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back