Hey Joat / THall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Further more, you've had someone else working on the saw. It's not my baby any more.

I find this comical but I know you aren't joking, which is even funnier. If you had bought a saw off of Joat and had these problems, you'd be MF'in him up and down. I think you have a attitude that you do no wrong, that what ever you do and say should be accepted. You sold him a Bum saw for a big price, no one else did that but you, own up to YOUR mistakes for once, it's always someone elses doings never yours, I think people are catching on rather quickly. Refund his money already and quite while your ahead. Doesn't PayPal have some insurance for deals like this.

Most of the ugliness will come from the peanut gallery. Maybe this should not have been posted in the public forum but that is neither here nor there now. Oh well, get it settled and let this thread die.

sad to say but i agree.

One of the best things my father left me with was small bits of wisdom and wit. "It's a poor day when you don't learn something" comes to mind. Applied not only to the party of the first part and the party of the second part, but the audience as well.

John

Most of the ugliness will come from the peanut gallery. Maybe this should not have been posted in the public forum but that is neither here nor there now. Oh well, get it settled and let this thread die.

I call them like I see them. Interesting to note I had negative rep within 30 seconds of posting in this thread. :)

This is not a chainsaw forum anymore. It is a used tampon forum. I really enjoy the threads that deal with problem shooting chainsaws, and looking at the engineering of the old and new models. Things that increase knowledge. This "Not wanting to call people out" is crap. When I have problems you think I go sobbing to other people and try to make the other side look bad. Not no, but hell no! Most of the people on here that post these threads have the mentality of a two year old it seems. This has no merit to me at all. Here is a little post about a rant of a rant.

If the statement of Stihl is to be taken as professional advice, which cannot be contested, the seller also can offer to replace the broken part free of charge, which he already did in a previous post.

He could offer to replace the broken part -- with another USED OEM jug, not a brand new jug. The saw was not advertised to have a brand new jug.

Since when are USED saws required to meet all Stihl standards and specifications ? ? ? I call BS on that.

Gee, none of the used saws that I have purchased were perfect, nor did I expect them to be perfect. If the seller got the saw that Brad showed in his pictures, then he got what he paid for.

Let's not forget that Brad tried to discourage Joat from purchasing the saw. Joat INSISTED that he wanted the used saw, and wouldn't take no for an answer.

I call them like I see them. Interesting to note I had negative rep within 30 seconds of posting in this thread. :)

Nothing wrong with posting, just sayin that this maybe should not have been brought up in the forum and just handled between the involved parties, but it's out now so it is what it is.

Sir's I looked at the pictures of the 066 when in trader section and didn't see the broken fins either. Should I be at fault because I didn't see it in the picture and the seller never said a word in the description to bring it to my attention. Makes me wonder what else is hidden inside we don't have a clue on?

BROKEN FINS should be in the description of the saw being sold.

ABSOLUTE BS! I can't believe what I am reading, is it April 1st already? I am one that keeps to my own, but I am floored!!!

Brad, if you don't see something wrong with this picture- you are absolutely NUTS. I thought the transaction seemed fishy from the get go- but whatever their intentions... you sold them a saw with two broken cylinder fins. And you have the nerve to stand up and defend your position? You don't have one!
The saw was busted before you sent it out, and what I still can't get over is that you can say that it wasn't like that when it shipped. Someone called you out on that, and proved you wrong.
Like SpaceMule said, how in the heck did you not notice the broken cylinder fins? Especially with your so called "OCD." My arse, be a man and make this deal right. I will be interested to see how much more port work you do after this transaction...
And why did I chime in? I take this one personal. I just bought a saw on ebay, with broken cylinder fins that were not described in the auction. YA KNOW WHAT EBAY DID? Shoved it back down the seller's throat and made them pay for it.

I don't know what else to say. I am floored. You are spitting in every single person's face on the board, that has ever went to bat for you.

:agree2::agree2::agree2::agree2::agree2:

He could offer to replace the broken part -- with another USED OEM jug, not a brand new jug. The saw was not advertised to have a brand new jug.

Since when are USED saws required to meet all Stihl standards and specifications ? ? ? I call BS on that.

Gee, none of the used saws that I have purchased were perfect, nor did I expect them to be perfect. If the seller got the saw that Brad showed in his pictures, then he got what he paid for.

Let's not forget that Brad tried to discourage Joat from purchasing the saw. Joat INSISTED that he wanted the used saw, and wouldn't take no for an answer.

You and I can think what we want, it's up to the buyer and seller to find an agreement. The saw had obviously hidden defects, and these defects can cause major trouble, as confirmed by the manufacterer.

The buyer in such case should have the right to sent the saw back, or accept a compromise offered by the seller(replacement, discount, etc). If they can't find a compromise, then the saw should go back.

Do you think Joat would have thrown out 7 bones for a saw that had been advertised as having broken fins... If you do the answer would be NO he wouldn't have, no one would've. Thats plain stupid if he would've have paid that for a saw. Well maybe you would according to your above statement, you guys can deep throat as much as you like but it is spelled out pretty clearly in the pics that it was broken when Brad had it and I looked at the advertisment when it was for sale and recall nothing about the fins broke. For 700.00 I would expect a Immaculate saw in prestine condition.:)

I honestly did not know the fins were broken. Even Tom said he would not have noticed them had someone else not pointed it out. But they're there. It was not my intention to mislead anyone. For that I apologize. I also apologize for starting this thread.

Joat, you're welcome to return the saw. I will return your money, and an additional $25 for return shipping.

I honestly did not know the fins were broken. Even Tom said he would not have noticed them had someone else not pointed it out. But they're there. It was not my intention to mislead anyone. For that I apologize. I also apologize for starting this thread.

Joat, you're welcome to return the saw. I will return your money, and an additional $25 for return shipping.

:cheers: :clap:

How carefully could the saw have been rebuilt if the seller doesn't even notice broken cooling fins?

Are you leading us somewhere space?

Space's britches are now big enough for him to comment on someone's competencies!:jawdrop:

Absolutely the only thing I have learned from all these threads is not to sell to anyone on this site without realizing that this BS will happen eventually. Brad says that he did not notice the missing fins, and people don't believe that it is mere chance or coincidence that it was overlooked.

Here is a coincidence to ponder. On Friday Tommy wrote about how it is inappropriate to air grievances about deals that have gone awry UNLESS they are deals that went awry on this site. I think it is terribly coincidental that he spelled out that exception only days before it was exercised.

If you doubt one coincidence, why not the other?

Last edited:

problem solved.:cheers:
this thread should now be locked down
and the details sewn up in PMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back