Hey Joat / THall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What disgusts me is this went from:

1. there were no broken fins when I had it
  2. after photographic proof was posted, it's not my responsibility because another mechanic looked at it
  3. the chips don't matter, and I didn't notice them. I'd use them myself.

I, however, would never accuse a seller of being sleazy and dishonest.

:agree2::cheers:

Sounds like Joat is playing games. Must be nice to have money to play games with expensive saws. Joat, don't you have something more constructive to do with your money ?

My take is that Joat paid for a used, but carefully rebuilt saw, and that's what he got. Two broken cooling fins are not a reflection on Brad's workmanship. Joat did not pay for a brand new saw with warranty.

Unfortunately for Brad, since Joat paid through Paypal, Joat could file a complaint against Brad and it's probably more trouble than it's worth to fight it.

In the future, I would not do business with Joat.

I'm just wondering why Four days ago Mr. Snelling was complaining about the 084 that he got and now he sells a saw for $750 that is supposed to be almost perfect and the fins are busted. That's a used cylinder on the saw and he has a right to be angry about paying that much and not getting what he wanted especially from someone who expects that everything he gets is perfect. JUST TIRED OF ALL THE COMPLAINING.

If I paid $750 for a saw, you can bet your arse I'd not want there to be any "little chips" off of the cylinder. Those cooling fins aren't there just for looks.

Furthermore, to say that joat just wanted to buy the saw to return it is ridiculous. The saw is damaged. Own up to it like a man.

Space, I recommend you keep quite untill you know what the claim really is. You are judging and don't even know what the buyer claims, except for hearsay from the seller.

Sounds like Joat is playing games. Must be nice to have money to play games with expensive saws. Joat, don't you have something more constructive to do with your money ?

My take is that Joat paid for a used, but carefully rebuilt saw, and that's what he got. Two broken cooling fins are not a reflection on Brad's workmanship. Joat did not pay for a brand new saw with warranty.

Unfortunately for Brad, since Joat paid through Paypal, Joat could file a complaint against Brad and it's probably more trouble than it's worth to fight it.

In the future, I would not do business with Joat.
How carefully could the saw have been rebuilt if the seller doesn't even notice broken cooling fins?

Dayummmmmmm look at this. Facts are facts, the saw is not as it was described, whether by mistake or on purpose makes no differance. I personally called Stihl and asked about these missing fins. They say one missing fin maybe, two is very iffy, they don't recomend cylinders with two broken fins.

So its plain and simple, the saw needs to go back where it came from and money needs to be refunded. Nothing more needs to be said...

attachment.php

Page 18 of your thread ........

WHICH ONLY PROVES THAT BRAD DID NOT HIDE ANYTHING. THAT JOAT KNEW WHAT HE WAS BUYING. NO DECEPTION, NO FALSE ADVERTISING.

If this goes to a formal Paypal complaint, all Brad has to do is show Paypal the pictures and his arse is covered.

Dayummmmmmm look at this. Facts are facts, the saw is not as it was described, whether by mistake or on purpose makes no differance. I personally called Stihl and asked about these missing fins. They say one missing fin maybe, two is very iffy, they don't recomend cylinders with two broken fins.

So its plain and simple, the saw needs to go back where it came from and money needs to be refunded. Nothing more needs to be said...

:cheers:

ABSOLUTE BS! I can't believe what I am reading, is it April 1st already? I am one that keeps to my own, but I am floored!!!

Brad, if you don't see something wrong with this picture- you are absolutely NUTS. I thought the transaction seemed fishy from the get go- but whatever their intentions... you sold them a saw with two broken cylinder fins. And you have the nerve to stand up and defend your position? You don't have one!
The saw was busted before you sent it out, and what I still can't get over is that you can say that it wasn't like that when it shipped. Someone called you out on that, and proved you wrong.
Like SpaceMule said, how in the heck did you not notice the broken cylinder fins? Especially with your so called "OCD." My arse, be a man and make this deal right. I will be interested to see how much more port work you do after this transaction...
And why did I chime in? I take this one personal. I just bought a saw on ebay, with broken cylinder fins that were not described in the auction. YA KNOW WHAT EBAY DID? Shoved it back down the seller's throat and made them pay for it.

I don't know what else to say. I am floored. You are spitting in every single person's face on the board, that has ever went to bat for you.

If the statement of Stihl is to be taken as professional advice, which cannot be contested, the seller also can offer to replace the broken part free of charge, which he already did in a previous post.

Seems also a fair compromise to me.

The saw was described by pictures and the pictures show broken fins. I say the buyer knew what he was buying.

What supposed to be wrong with that 066? Two broken cylinder fins? Not when I shipped it. And you think you can just send it back with no discussion at all? I don't think so. First of all, it had no broken fins. Second of all, you bought a used saw. It's yours now. And claiming that two broken fins will lead to a "quick overheat and death"? Where'd you pull that out of, because it's certainly not true. Had I actually sent you a defective cylinder, I would simply replace it. The saw is yours plain and simple.

:dizzy::dizzy:

If the statement of Stihl is to be taken as professional advice, which cannot be contested, the seller also can offer to replace the broken part free of charge, which he already did in a previous post.

Seems also a fair compromise to me.

+1
Sounds fair to me

This whole deal stunk from the start IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back