Hey Joat / THall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now we can have peace and happiness reign over us again! YAY!
attachment.php

Why??? Who are we trying to protect?

protect? everyone who has to read this drivel. :cheers:

i am not taking sides:

honestly, a refund and shipping refund to boot? doesn't matter who is at fault or who intended to do what. it is over for the spectaters and the details can be done off a public forum.

I'm going to do my best not to get involved - but I know I'm just shooting myself in the foot by making this one post. But I have purchasing experience with the seller being called out in this thread so I figured I could briefly describe how I feel....

I have purchased 2 saws from Brad in the past 4 months. The first saw was the Solo 681, and more recently was the MS260. I have not had a problem with Brad or the item in question for sale on either occasion. I do ask him lot's of questions before and after the purchase - but that's not because there is a trust issue, it's because I don't really understand a saw mechanically as well as he does. He is informative, honest, and he backs up his saws and his work. I'm quite certain that if there was a mistake on his end (with any saw he sells to anyone) he will make it right.

I'm not defending "poor little Bradley" for those that think I'm doing so. I'm just sharing how well each transaction went and how I was not disappointed with anything. It's an opinion obviously - but it's an objective fact as well.

Whatever ended up going down in this purchase / sale is rather unfortunate. I'm not calling out anyone, or point a finger in any direction. But I have some experience with dealing with Brad - and I'd say that for him to sell shotty equipment or a saw he does not feel good about it's highly unlikely...

I'm not speaking for Brad, or against THall. I'm speaking for myself and telling my buying experiences with Brad. Each time I have dealt with him it was a pleasure doing so. I would be more than happy to buy from him again even after this thread. Like I said, if there was something wrong, and it was his doing, he'll do what is necessary to make it right between him and the buyer.

Some can quote me and argue, but this will be my only post in this thread. I hope I'm not adding to the fire. If I did, I apologize. Those who wish to flame me are more than welcome to do so. But they will not get a response.

Is this a used saw or a show piece?

I'd like to see just how much of the fin(s) is actually chipped off. Yes Stihl would probably say no go with 2 fins missing, but that's a lot of fin if the entire fin is missing. From the looks in the pics it's far from perfect, but minimal loss of cooling capacity.

If I had a use for and owned it I'd run it as is.

If I was Brad I'd choose my customers more wisely.

Human error, he did not consider the fins to be a detriment as they were. Lesson learned: photo every part from every angle and document every nick, scratch etc.

Biggest key here is that he manned up and offered to take care of it which I feel is above and beyond...

Last edited:
Why take it off the forum now, the Chainsaw forum has adopted the Jerry Springer motiff, it should stay with it.

If it was thrown out into this public forum, then it is fair game for the
whole forum to chime in on, no matter the end result.

The "good of the forum" rhetoric is silly, because if that were true, these
silly threads would not be allowed in the first place.

I advocated keeping them out a long time ago, as it just gets ugly, but if it is
allowed, then both sides should be treated fairly, with no preference to
seniority, sponsorships, or popularity.

Ending it early makes no sense at this point, just wish we could have more
details leading up to this thread.

This Chainsaw Detective thing is kind of fun too!!!!!

Do you think Joat would have thrown out 7 bones for a saw that had been advertised as having broken fins... If you do the answer would be NO he wouldn't have, no one would've. Thats plain stupid if he would've have paid that for a saw. Well maybe you would according to your above statement, you guys can deep throat as much as you like but it is spelled out pretty clearly in the pics that it was broken when Brad had it and I looked at the advertisment when it was for sale and recall nothing about the fins broke. For 700.00 I would expect a Immaculate saw in prestine condition.:)
No RATIONAL person would have paid that much for a used 066 AND also paid Thall to install an OEM piston and new filter cover. For the money, you could have just as well bought a new saw with warranty, so why bother with a used saw ?

It was obvious from the get-go that Joat was playing games. Call out Brad in public to force Brad to sell the saw to Joat against Brad's better judgement. Brad looks like a meanie unless he agrees to sell the saw to Joat.

Then Joat finds a minor imperfection -- I wouldn't have lost an iota of sleep over 2 broken fins -- and makes a stink about it.

Brad's only mistake was falling into the trap.

Brad, in the future, trust your instincts. You've been dragged through the mud, and that was the plan all along.

BTW Brad, if you want to sell that defective jug, I'm looking for a used OEM jug, and the broken fins don't bother me if the price is right.

I honestly did not know the fins were broken. Even Tom said he would not have noticed them had someone else not pointed it out. But they're there. It was not my intention to mislead anyone. For that I apologize. I also apologize for starting this thread.

Joat, you're welcome to return the saw. I will return your money, and an additional $25 for return shipping.

Way to man up, that's being a lot more kind than I would have been...

I honestly did not know the fins were broken. Even Tom said he would not have noticed them had someone else not pointed it out. But they're there. It was not my intention to mislead anyone. For that I apologize. I also apologize for starting this thread.

Joat, you're welcome to return the saw. I will return your money, and an additional $25 for return shipping.

but now your out $30 in the grand scheme of things.

Are we not men? We are Devo......

If we wish to use the internet to resolve our business/interpersonal issues, I believe it is called Skype. Email works, too.

The AS community is an important functional and interpersonal resource for us all. Stihl doesn't want us to be able to fix our own saws. We need AS and the help it provides. Division and mistrust can result from abusing this forum, leaving us all much poorer, merely for the sake of personal venting and vicarious entertainment. There are many instances of people "getting over" on one another, and we need to be able to trust in the goodwill of other members of the community. In this way, AS gives us a refuge from the predatory avarice that infects our society to the core. That is more valuable than we know, and it is the duty of each of us to uphold it with integrity.

Now, if any of the fellows in the group hug (that looks sooo diseased) still have ߺner$, they need to take care of that in private, lest they risk "screwing" up the whole AS community, in my opinion.

No RATIONAL person would have paid that much for a used 066 AND also paid Thall to install an OEM piston and new filter cover. For the money, you could have just as well bought a new saw with warranty, so why bother with a used saw ?

It was obvious from the get-go that Joat was playing games. Call out Brad in public to force Brad to sell the saw to Joat against Brad's better judgement. Brad looks like a meanie unless he agrees to sell the saw to Joat.

Then Joat finds a minor imperfection -- I wouldn't have lost an iota of sleep over 2 broken fins -- and makes a stink about it.

Brad, in the future, trust your instincts. You've been dragged through the mud, and that was the plan all along.

BTW Brad, if you want to sell that defective jug, I'm looking for a used OEM jug, and the broken fins don't bother me if the price is right.

What threads held all of these former discussions? Just so those of this
that don't read all of this stuff can get caught up to speed....

Nothing wrong with posting, just sayin that this maybe should not have been brought up in the forum and just handled between the involved parties, but it's out now so it is what it is.
Yes I think the place need a new forum. "The Entertainment Drama Soap Opera Forum" for BS like this. No actually this crap shouldn't be allowed on this site. Take it to the www.daysofourlife forum where it belongs. Both parties should be ashamed for bringing crap onto this board and degrading it.

Yep, Grand daddy always said it was better to remain quite and thought an idiot than to talk and remove all doubt. Again Space removed any doubt about himself.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

This is not a chainsaw forum anymore. It is a used tampon forum. I really enjoy the threads that deal with problem shooting chainsaws, and looking at the engineering of the old and new models. Things that increase knowledge. This "Not wanting to call people out" is crap. When I have problems you think I go sobbing to other people and try to make the other side look bad. Not no, but hell no! Most of the people on here that post these threads have the mentality of a two year old it seems. This has no merit to me at all. Here is a little post about a rant of a rant.

:agree2: Another day, another drama......:spam:

So is it fair to say that a rational person wouldn't have asked that much for it?

I don't remember Joat or Thall calling him out in public, where's that at? If I felt like somone was trying to stick it to me I sure wouldn't have sold it, it's truly amazing what the power of the almighty buck will make people do!.

I don't think that is a minor imperfection, especially if Joat had plans on porting the saw.

Everything has a price and I'm sure he would sell it to you, since it only has a couple broken fins on it!

BTW would you expect the cylinder to be had at a discounted price? I'm curious what would you pay for a cylinder with missing fins? I bet it wouldn't be alot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back