High Limb Rope Chain Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't gonna read through the 4 pages of this and I haven't been around in a while BUT... One of those ropey chainy thingys.. on the comercial forum.. really?? Does it come with instructions on which way to jump out of the way after the ugly tear is made??

no no you just gotta be quick it will be alright. Duck tape some styrofoam on your head for the impact. It would look about right to see a tree crew using one of these with a guy with something like that on his lid to anticipate the hit.

Has anyone used one of these. Seems like it could be very helpful for hard to reach or dangerous to reach limbs and dead wood. The 24 inch version could easily be carried in a ditty back and used with your throw line.

View attachment 253322

http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/15016_lg.jpg

Professional High Limb Rope Chain Saw — 48in., Model# CS-48 | Rope Chain Saws| Northern Tool + Equipment

This is a joke post, right? Are you a dealer, selling those things? This thing has no business being in any professional arborist's kit. All branches removed, using this thing, will rip like bastards due to no undercut. If I saw one of my workers using one of these things, he/she would be fired, on the spot.

Nope it's not a joke. It's something else.

attachment.php

+

attachment.php

=

attachment.php

Good one!
Jeff

This is a joke post, right? Are you a dealer, selling those things? This thing has no business being in any professional arborist's kit. All branches removed, using this thing, will rip like bastards due to no undercut. If I saw one of my workers using one of these things, he/she would be fired, on the spot.

I would at least wait to see the outcome.

I throw my throw line and throw weight over the limb, untie the bag, and tie on a stick of dynamite. Pull it back up and set it off. Works great for topping trees from the ground too.:hmm3grin2orange:

I just ordered 50 of them from China, they are fantastic. Pruned a 70' Lombardy Poplar today, didn't even have to take my truck. Rode to the job on my motorcycle with one of those in each pocket and throw bag and line attached to my belt. Finished the job in no time. These things have changed my life! I'll never have to climb a tree again, just ride around on my Triumph making money. Life is good.

Last edited:
I just ordered 50 of them from China, they are fantastic. Pruned a 70' Lombardy Poplar today, didn't even have to take my truck. Rode to the job on my motorcycle with one of those in each pocket and throw bag and line attached to my belt. Finished the job in no time. These things have changed my life! I'll never have to climb a tree again, just ride around on my Triumph making money. Life is good.

:spam:

I throw my throw line and throw weight over the limb, untie the bag, and tie on a stick of dynamite. Pull it back up and set it off. Works great for topping trees from the ground too.:hmm3grin2orange:

That is a great idea, I knew not all aorist were stuck in there old ways. I'm a not licensed for dynamite but I can get plenty of black powder at Walmart in the gun department, do you think that will work?

START YOUR OWN TREE BUSINESS TODAY!!! I'M SELLING IT ALL, "LOOK" - $1500 (WINDER GA)

I just listed all of my climbing gear and tree gear on Craigslist as I don't need it anymore. Check it out, there are some great buys here. It is a bummer too as tomorrow my ZK-2 Singing Tree Rope Wrench is being delivered from Sherrill Tree and now I won't need it.

You should support your fellow americans. Buy made in the USA

Damn, now I have to put my iPhone on Craigslist too!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, crap and this laptop....my car....my Triumph motorcycle........crap crap crap!!!
Well at least I still have my beloved Ford F350 and gooseneck 16' dumb trailer and Bobcat. Just seems like a lot to take to the grocery store for a gallon of milk......I'll just have to buy lots of milk to make the trip worth while. (like maybe a 1,000 gallons)

Damn, now I have to put my iPhone on Craigslist too!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, crap and this laptop....my car....my Triumph motorcycle........crap crap crap!!!
Well at least I still have my beloved Ford F350 and gooseneck 16' dumb trailer and Bobcat. Just seems like a lot to take to the grocery store for a gallon of milk......I'll just have to buy lots of milk to make the trip worth while. (like maybe a 1,000 gallons)

Or you could just get a cow!

You are right, I cancelled my order with China and went to an American company based in Janesville WI, in fact a very trusted forestry and arborist supply company that I am sure most of you trust....Ben Meadows.

Note: Arborist's supply and "Professional" as in commercial, good thing we put it on this forum, don't you think.

attachment.php

View attachment 254474

AS rules state you can't post non sponsor info in the forum.

Point well taken, I removed the posting as I am not promoting their company and I would not want to distract from this great forum. Do me a favor and take the information off of your reply.
Thanks for keeping me out of some trouble.

He wasn't really promoting them. He just said that's where he ordered them from. It would be the same thing as you saying you bought something from a non site sponser. Not the same as promoting them.

Latest posts

Back