Hot saw ignition system

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llland

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am in the process of turning a Honda 250r into a race saw. I want to know if there is a simple way to build an ignition system that would eliminate most or all of the stator, the cdi, and all or most of the wiring harness from the donor bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am in the process of turning a Honda 250r into a race saw. I want to know if there is a simple way to build an ignition system that would eliminate most or all of the stator, the cdi, and all or most of the wiring harness from the donor bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Most race bikes & Karts have a much reduced system only requiring a HT set up for the plug but they are Telephone Directory money a chat to a 2 Smoke dirt bike engine preparer would probably be your best way forward there could be a "magic box" set that would suit be prepared for big money though or a chat at a saw race meeting with bike saw competitors

There are not a lot of us out here in the west and I have talked with some and they have been helpful but all of them are using the donor stuff. I went to a few atv guys but they were more concerned that cutting up the 250r was sacreligeous and were not very forth coming. Thanks for getting back to me it is very much appreciated.

There are not a lot of us out here in the west and I have talked with some and they have been helpful but all of them are using the donor stuff. I went to a few atv guys but they were more concerned that cutting up the 250r was sacreligeous and were not very forth coming. Thanks for getting back to me it is very much appreciated.
Glad to be of help Have a mate with 3 lads into karts/racing he seemed to thin there is an AM rotor /coil /magic box kit that was reasonable money but couldn' t remember the make/name but knows a bloke who does so on seeing him next will ask i f I get any info I 'll pas it on can't understand these keep itin the family guys almost if they are paying fo your modding

Back