Ms261c no ignition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to stir up more trouble, I don’t think anyone has mentioned the microswitch which is also in that circuit on the carb.
Yep, there are a LOT of things going on with those two little wires that connect to the ignition module that the OP won't admit. Don't forget the diagnostics communication and supplying power to the computer when hooked up for diagnostics.

Do you or anyone happen to know if the microswitch is connected a normally open or normally closed and how it is wired into the harness (in series or parallel)?

Ok, if you "hate these saws", you should not have them. But the truth is you need to learn how to fix these saws. After all, they have been out for at least 10 years, the technology for much longer.
I would definitely get the service kit as mentioned before. It is the place to start on an mtronic.
How old are these units? Are they used commercially? Makes a big difference.
Can the solenoid kill spark? Never say never. Depends on what failed.
New solenoid and still no spark? Now go for the coil (controller on an mtronic) and harness. From experience of many before you.
I am assuming you have checked piston, bearings vacuum and pressure test. Remember, it is just a saw with more fuel control. Do not let the "Oh my God it has a computer!" syndrome blind you.
Verify you have something to work with first. Just like any other saw (or small equipment).
Yep. There is nothing wrong with M-tronic.

OP needs to try this and report back... and you (and all off the other armchair quarterbacks) need to pay attention!
Not necessarily. You just know that the coil fixed it but you don't know why. I say the coil has spark and you likely don't have test equipment that will measure the wave pattern when disconnected.
That being said, what was the voltage at the solenoid and what was the Amperage? Never mind Ohms.
Let me know when you figure out why, I'm sitting in my heated reclining power armchair waiting.

Latest posts

Back