How do you get 1.5 cords into a half-ton pickup... (pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to me like there are a lot of people that don’t understand the meaning of load weight limits, not to mention the safety of others on the road.
DOT can and will nail your ass with loads like these if caught on the road.
Many of the loads and there given estimates are questionable as well.:smile2:

Sounds like someones jelous..... you might want to sit down as I don't want to cause you to faint I've hauled multiple loads like that and passed cops no problem, its pretty common around here just take it slower on backroads and you wont have a problem.

The only problem I had with this load is I need to put shocks on the trailer and the pickup, otherwise you have to be careful with the side to side rocking as it will get worse as you drive.
attachment.php

This is just north of me. As far as I know this is a pretty low traffic spot of highway, pretty slim chance of hitting anything let alone a biker. Here a homemade trailer doesn't necessarily meant it was home built it could just mean it had no ownership so the owner registered it as homebuilt to get a ownership for it. Or it could mean it was homemade, there is no inspection process just show up at the licence office with a guesstimate of costs to build, weight, colour, number of axles and size. They don't even look at the trailer. I've built tons of trailers and safety chains aren't the place to cut corners or costs.
14 Year Old Cyclist Airlifted To Hospital After Being Struck By Utility Trailer
Date: 2013-09-15 05:12:50
By: OPP

(WELLINGTON NORTH TOWNSHIP, ON) - On Saturday September 14, 2013 at approximately 1:12pm the Wellington County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) received a call regarding a serious collision involving a young cyclist that was struck by a utility trailer that became detached from a pick-up truck that was towing it on County Road 109 approximately 2 kms east of the Town of Arthur in Wellington North Township (formerly West Garafraxa Twp).

OPP officers attended along with Guelph-Wellington Emergency Services (EMS) and Wellington North Fire and Rescue (Arthur Station).

Investigation revealed that a 1979 GMC pick-up truck towing a homemade utility trailer was eastbound on County Road 109 when the trailer started to sway and became unattached. The trailer struck a 14-year-old male cyclist from the Town of Conn that was riding his bicycle westbound on the south side of County Road 109. The male was transported by Ornge Air Ambulance to McMaster Children’s Hospital with life-threatening injuries. None of the occupants of the pick-up truck were injured.

The Wellington County OPP Technical Collision Investigators (TCI) assisted by Huron County OPP TCI Investigators as well as Oxford County OPP Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) officers continue to investigate the collision.

County Road 109 remains closed between the First Line and the Second Line of West Garafraxa Township while the investigation is ongoing.

Same here but if its not secure they tag for unsecured load. Got to make sure its not going to fall off
on a 2 lane HWY and find its way to the on coming traffic.

You beat me to it.lol
I was gona say that any load that is not trapped or tied down is considered an unsecured load and is ticket worthy.
The point is to make sure nothing falls or is bounced off during transport.
And yes you may get away with depending on where you live, but if you have an accident carrying a load they will look you over and fine you if needed.
DOT cops can be ####s, but there just doing there job.

As long as your load is below the racks or bed sides it should be ok. Otherwise you would have to tie down everything in the bed.

Back