New pic of 1-ton loaded with over 2 cords went by weight station

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drive like an old man I keep it around 55 on the HWY. I'll get high 8s to low to mid 9s on a 125 miles round trip. I'm droping weight at each stop and the return 30 miles is empty. When I hook up the dump trailer and haul 5 in it and 3 or so in the truck I'll get right around 7mpg. The truck iks only used when it's hauling. I wish I had a diesel for better mpg but I got this truck for a song and it's cheap to insure. I guess the bad mpg is just a trade off for the truck being so cheap. It's holding up well it has 270k miles on it.

Scott

Ya, for a cheap truck, even with the bad mileage it is paying you to run it. I was just wondering.

I drove to the local gravel pit for the weight. It came in at 15,500. The wood is 95% oak. I know the truck weighs in the mid 8ks.

Ok, I looked back and didn't see anyone that guessed closer than my 15,450......So where's my "great big thata boy"?
I don't get very many of those or I wouldn't be so demanding. I just came in from work and my wife gave me a great big #$%@!!&*^#!!!. :hmm3grin2orange:

Andy

Andy the thataboy is so big I was still winding up for it. So here is your huge thataboy:bowdown:

Tell your wife they guys on Arborist said to lay off. I'm sure that will go over well for you.

Scott

I was darn close I am going to need something for my trouble how about the air in the tires that were on the truck in the pic.

The air is all yours. I'm getting ready to change my air from summer air to winter air so it's not trouble.

Scott

Andy the thataboy is so big I was still winding up for it. So here is your huge thataboy:bowdown:

Tell your wife they guys on Arborist said to lay off. I'm sure that will go over well for you.

Scott

Hmm, you must have more pull than I thought.
Went to an auction today & came home with a 1st generation Colt SAA, and a Remington 700. Wife said I got a good deal. :dizzy:

Andy

I don't know in your area but in mine but the DOT guys would be on the lookout for a truck like that, easy 4-5k overweight ticket. I would put some plywood sides and back on it so nobody with a pen could see what was in it.

How can i get an overweight ticket. I have a licence on the truck for 26k. My tires are load range E so thery are rated to carry that much. I was told by the DOT officer at the eight station that the GVW rating of a truck was the makers suggestion and could not be enforced as law. That was straight from the officers house. He said as long as you have the truck plated and the tires to hold it you are legal. Just repeating what I was told. I see loads like this on the hwy all the time around here.

Scott

I just looked at a '01 Chevy 3500 with a dump box. GVWR was 11,400. I do not remember what the rear axle rating was, 5,800 or maybe 6,800. It is not the over weight ticket you need to worry about, it is an accident. All it takes is some high school kid or other clown not paying attention, and an attorney... and in court you would probably be negligent if over the manufacturers GVWR, especially by several thousand pounds. I got rearended this summer on a bridge doing five miles an hour in heavy traffic, in a construction zone, and ... it turned out to be my neighbors kid. First thing my wife said, "Was he on a cell phone?"

I think the GVW on the truck is 10k. With myself and my nephew in the truck we hit the scales at 8600. I'm about 240 (of solid muscle :D) and he's maybe 160. So this mean I can only haul 1400 pounds in the bed of my 1-ton truck withn dual wheels? Sorry but that's not going to happen.

Scott

My old 71 F350 cab and chassis with 8' dump box and 4' sides hits the scales at 6380 empty. 14 leaf springs incl overloads.

Latest posts

Back