New pic of 1-ton loaded with over 2 cords went by weight station

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't you say you weighed it at the weigh station? Your brave! And I don't see any US DOT numbers either. If that was me, just driving a 1 ton to the scales empty and the DOTD would have written me a ticket. Never mind it weighs 16,250 lbs!

I drove to the local gravel pit for the weight. It came in at 15,500. The wood is 95% oak. I know the truck weighs in the mid 8ks.

why

why in the heck did you split it so small? who the heck burns wood that small in a fireplace, insert, or whatever? you would have to charge premium for that wood to be split so small.

why in the heck did you split it so small? who the heck burns wood that small in a fireplace, insert, or whatever? you would have to charge premium for that wood to be split so small.

Brick oven pizza places like it split that small. They control the heat in the oven with the coal base. With the wood split that small it's a lot easier to control the heat in the oven.

Scott

man! What kinda mileage do you get with a load like that?

Nice wood, BTW

I drive like an old man I keep it around 55 on the HWY. I'll get high 8s to low to mid 9s on a 125 miles round trip. I'm droping weight at each stop and the return 30 miles is empty. When I hook up the dump trailer and haul 5 in it and 3 or so in the truck I'll get right around 7mpg. The truck iks only used when it's hauling. I wish I had a diesel for better mpg but I got this truck for a song and it's cheap to insure. I guess the bad mpg is just a trade off for the truck being so cheap. It's holding up well it has 270k miles on it.

Scott

Latest posts

Back