husky 288 year of production?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roger collins

roger collins

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Heck, I want to buy it! :sweet:
this is the last 288xp i have-i have sold all the others on this site and all buyers were more than pleased.i know from a collectible standpoint,it probably would have been worth more never cranked but i could not resist.it started on the 3rd pull and ran it about 5 minutes.it is just too perfect/new for me to use so i may sell it.as soon as my son wakes up i will get him to post pics

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
i do not think the 288 was produced until 1988 i will post pics of the saw and id tag later and wait for the expert (saw troll) to give his decision.i am guessing it is a very early production 288xp(1988)
Yes, and with that number it surely was made in either 1988 or in 1998. If it is a 1998, the tag will also say 1998 on it somewhere.

roger collins

roger collins

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
tpope

tpope

ArboristSite Guru
The plastic parts will have the casting date on the inside. Steven is correct. This looks to be a 1988 saw based on the chain brake handle, decals on starter cover and clutch cover. Sweet saw.

roger collins

roger collins

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
The plastic parts will have the casting date on the inside. Steven is correct. This looks to be a 1988 saw based on the chain brake handle, decals on starter cover and clutch cover. Sweet saw.
i removed the top cover-1988 is inscribed on the inside of the top cover.i have had a lot of nice 288xp's but nothing as pristine as this one.