Husky 372 xp discontinued ????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickeyd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I stopped into a local dealer today for the first time looking for some files .
there are 2 ne w372 on the display shelf . I asked the counter dude if the where discontinued . He said he was pretty sure they are so he bought a bunch of them ! he said he has 6 more out back ! Of course I dont have the money to buy one !!!

The xpw is what they still show on the website. It's like they don't want people to know what they're getting when they go to the dealer. I've not seen any tags on the new 372s either. The one I looked at didn't have one on it. Husky isn't showing specs on the new version. Jonsered does with it at 5.6 hp and 14.2 lbs if I remember right.

The husky has already changed for the most part. The starter still says 372xp with x torq in little letters.

:agree2: But I'm sure they're still quite a few OE 372's around.
I'm not sure they really stopped making them - I guess production will bemoved to Brazil at some point.....:thinking:

Which markets they sell them on is another issue - they are gone from the web-site here, and replaced by the XT version.

I'm not sure they really stopped making them - I guess production will bemoved to Brazil at some point.....:thinking:

Which markets they sell them on is another issue - they are gone from the web-site here, and replaced by the XT version.

And not to mention the X Torque version will eat a conventional 372, and even some ported ones for lunch.

Gone but not forgotten. I have 6 or 7 that I need to wear out so I can justify a 576xp autotune. Somehow I think they are going to outlast me.

Well if you need help wearing them out send me one and i'll wear it out for you.

And not to mention the X Torque version will eat a conventional 372, and even some ported ones for lunch.

I have read different opinions on that, but the specs say it is stronger.

The down side is that it weights the same as the non-AT 576xp, according to the specs at that site.

That was disappointing after what I have read on here, but then we all know that specs aren't to be trusted.......:dont-know::)

I purchased one the second time they were discontinued at the end of 2005. ;-)

I'm pretty sure it has been "discontinued" at the end of every year since 2004. Its really a genius marketing strategy to get folks with CAD to hoard them.

This is only about the 7th time they have "discontinued" them... :)

Gary

Actually that was not what happened, but it may have looked that way!

They have been "discontinued" just one time (only in the US) before, and that lasted for two years, before they reappeared in the catalog and on the web-site.
While they were "discontinued", they kept coming back when Husky had "EPA credits" to do so, and then disappeared again - that is why it feels like it happened so many times. After Husky bought Redmax/Zenoah in 2006, they gained enough EPA credits to bring it back officially. ;)

Last edited:
Back