Husky 372xp or Stihl ms441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Huskys never seize........LOL

lol, i get this game now.

Stihls have the best filtration system ever. You never need to clean the filters, they are maintenance free. Ive never seen a stihl seize because of particles getting through the "filter"

anyway, time for bed. 1am, and run out of beer. Big day of 441 overhauls tomorrow...

lol, i get this game now.

Stihls have the best filtration system ever. You never need to clean the filters, they are maintenance free. Ive never seen a stihl seize because of particles getting through the "filter"

anyway, time for bed. 1am, and run out of beer. Big day of 441 overhauls tomorrow...

Nobody said that. Just trying to understand how the same system on a Husky works better.

So if its rich where are all the lean conditions............................Husky maybe???:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

By the way I stihl like my air injected 288's and 3120's...........:cheers: :cheers:

i think you need to read back over the posts my friend :D

i agree with you - the 3120 and 288 are still better filters than the stihls! lol :D:D:D

STK

its like saying all engines that run on petrol sre the same, beacuse they run on petrol...

some get it right, some... not so much

Nope. Too many variables there.

Still waiting for an explananation as to why the Stihl pre-filtration is inferior.

I will never buy another Stihl

there are too many good saws out there.
The Stihl ms361 I just bought came with a 20 inch bar and is more suited to a 18 inch. in my opinion its over rated.

I didn't buy my saws based on the air filter design. I don't dump piles of saw dust on my air filter cover either. I check my filter when I regas my saw and blow it off if needed. I've never had a problem with my stihls with the current filter design. And thats not the improved 441 style even. I haven't lost any sleep over it.

You cant go wrong with either saw but if you are wanting to do any mods later Id say get the 372 over the 441 but if they are going to stay stock then one is as good as the other both are good saws.

This thread has gone to more emotion than logic.:deadhorse:
It would seem some are more interested in arguing than helping you make a good decision on a saw.

Looking for a 70cc saw to cut firewood for OWB and right now I'm on the fence between the two. Anyone have the plusses and minuses of one over the other? Thank you

Stihl and Husqvarna both make great saws. I suggest go with pro models that have the best power to weight ratio.

441= 5.5hp @ 14.6lbs
460= 6.0hp @ 14.6lbs
372= 5.3hp @ 13.4lbs

Its a shame the 440 is gone so I won't include it.
I can't see buying a 441 when the 460 has more power at the same weight.
So, for me it would come down to the 372 or 460. Yes, I've ran them both.

Everyone will say thats "apples to oranges" , so the size of the wood your going to be cutting would be the deciding factor.
If your going to cut wood 24" or smaller I would go with the 372.
The 372 really shines cutting 20" wood and is still light enough to do some limbing.
If your going to cut alot of wood larger than 24" I would go with the 460.
The 460 is stronger and will pull 24" and larger bars better.

Also, the dealer in your area that gives the best service and appreciates your business should be factored in also.

Hope this helps,
Longwood

Back