Husky TechLite Bars - new version coming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update on the new 562xp ...

Only a few tanks of gas through and just switched to 40 to 1 - 93 octane and semi-synthetic mix - no problems ... no hiccups ... smooth and angry :mad: in the cut.

Neighbour had about fifteen or twenty, 30" to 40" big fat Fir butts on the ground - Power line crew cleaned up all the tops and branches but the neighbours old 16" saw couldn't touch any of those big knotty butts even on a good day, and most were too heavy for one man to throw around, many were far too knotty to hand split with maul and sledge, so he asked me to help him split, carry and move them. He asked if my splitter might work - I said sure with some back grunt work manhandling them into place, but instead, I'll saw them up for you into small chunks! That's when he looked at me like I was nuts :D. I thought it looked like a nice little workout for the new saw to dial her in some more! :cool:

A full tank of gas noodled all of them into easily lifted pieces. Way faster and less back work than my splitter would have been at that stage.
The 562xp has a very positive attitude. No whining, moaning, or the slightest hesitation, it just ate the Fir from every direction, cross grain, with the grain, through knots, like a hungry beast. Did I mention that I love this saw! :D

During the frenzy of noodles and saw dust flying around, I distinctly remember looking over and seeing my neighbour with his jaw hanging half open.:p

update on the new 562xp ...

Only a few tanks of gas through and just switched to 40 to 1 - 93 octane and semi-synthetic mix - no problems ... no hiccups ... smooth and angry :mad: in the cut.

Neighbour had about fifteen or twenty, 30" to 40" big fat Fir butts on the ground - Power line crew cleaned up all the tops and branches but the neighbours old 16" saw couldn't touch any of those big knotty butts even on a good day, and most were too heavy for one man to throw around, many were far too knotty to hand split with maul and sledge, so he asked me to help him split, carry and move them. He asked if my splitter might work - I said sure with some back grunt work manhandling them into place, but instead, I'll saw them up for you into small chunks! That's when he looked at me like I was nuts :D. I thought it looked like a nice little workout for the new saw to dial her in some more! :cool:

A full tank of gas noodled all of them into easily lifted pieces. Way faster and less back work than my splitter would have been at that stage.
The 562xp has a very positive attitude. No whining, moaning, or the slightest hesitation, it just ate the Fir from every direction, cross grain, with the grain, through knots, like a hungry beast. Did I mention that I love this saw! :D

During the frenzy of noodles and saw dust flying around, I distinctly remember looking over and seeing my neighbour with his jaw hanging half open.:p

Nice Update!

Way to go Mountain, did something similar with my 044 when it was new with some big locust we had to clear for my brother to build his house.

Considering my previous saw was a Homelite 330, we were all amazed at what that 044 could do, and how fast it could do it.

Nothing like having a good piece of equipment.

And the Mustang, with over 100,000 miles, is still running just fine, and will beat anything that does not cost more than twice what I got into it. 530 Hp is exhilarating!

My dealer did follow up today directly with Husky HQ back east, about my overdue Techlite 20" bar.

'Word' is Husky is not shipping any more new Techlite 20" bars until June 30 at earliest- Husky evidently confirmed to him that they have had some problems with this bar and are re-tooling it.

So I've now heard this from the Husky rep himself, as well as my dealer today.

I have two of the 20 inch techlite's. Neither one has given me any trouble yet. I don't use them commercially though. Where they delaminating or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dealer showed me some Techlites that came back from local logging camp - they had delaminated. Looked like the guys used them for diving boards, then baseball.

Sort of felt like entering an auto service department when the salesman whips out a crappy old filter from under the counter to show you why you need to pay them to change your new in-car air filter at some stupid interval and ridiculous price:p . . . . but I digress!

Back