Husky TechLite Bars - new version coming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainHigh

Selective Tree whacker
Reaction score
At a recent outdoor trade show, I spoke at length with a few Husky and Stihl reps. Various topics of discussion including 543xp (evidently coming out in about 2 months), the MS241 cm (not available in Canada yet for the show, but on the verge of release) and much more.

I told them my Techlite bar had been on order for some time and they said it may be some time yet, because they are revising it. Evidently some issues with delaminating (if memory serves, that was their word).

They didn't have a firm ETA on when my new bar would be available, but they are evidently addressing some construction issues that will be fixed/improved in the new version out soon.

Ah, elusive 543xp will be here in 2 more months, eh? I'll believe it when I see it. I've been waiting for years for the 543xpg to arrive...

Ya, I went back and added emphasis to the word evidently ;)

The Husky reps did say that they've run it and were impressed, so it does seem to be getting close. I was somewhat surprised to hear it will not have autotune.

I have seen mention on AS from someone saying they think its only good for 3" wood maximum. The impression the reps gave me was it was stronger than that, and I don't think its in their interest to oversell it to those wanting more. We'll see.

A new saw with "Flippy Caps", a new bar that will not "delaminate", and no carb problems! You are going to have quite the saw! Thanks for sharing MountianHigh.

I'm sure the new 40cc saws will be good for more than 3", but I also still think the 60cc s are the best "overall" size. Enjoy that saw, and I guess it was good that lightweight bar was not available.

A new saw with "Flippy Caps", a new bar that will not "delaminate", and no carb problems! You are going to have quite the saw! Thanks for sharing MountianHigh.

I'm sure the new 40cc saws will be good for more than 3", but I also still think the 60cc s are the best "overall" size. Enjoy that saw, and I guess it was good that lightweight bar was not available.

Ya looks like I got lucky so far .... but that's just the way it should be with new purchases eh :)

As I've been out hand pruning some of my few fruit and shade trees this weekend, the 543xp and MS241 look like nifty little saws that might fit the bill for those times you want something fast and light. Without having run either, the 543xp looks a little lighter but MS241 looks a bit more robust. I was hoping to fling them around a bit at the Trade show but no-show for them both here yet.

My guess is Husky is worried that with Top Handle saws not being on buy list for some companies anymore (I forget the reason perhaps some others have more info on this), and Stihl's MS241 hitting North American street soon, that they had to get their 40cc pro saw out asap, hence lack of time to develop autotune for this segment at present.

I have seen mention on AS from someone saying they think its only good for 3" wood maximum. The impression the reps gave me was it was stronger than that, and Idon't think its in their interest to oversell it to those wanting more. We'll see.

3" of wood huh i was hoping 3' lol

That is a shame, on that size saw I would definitely want Auto Tune or M-Tronic to get the most out of the size. Although I did notice that some of the Auto Tune saws weigh a bit more than their non-Auto Tune versions (The M-Tonic saws seem to be the same weight as non M-Tronic). Perhaps they decided in a saw that size, the weight factor is more important.

I'll save myself more than that, I'll just keep using my 60 cc !!!! Actually, I'm going to use the money I got from selling the 441 to have the 362 C-M and 044 ported. Then, I don't think I will want for any other saws for a while. I will also be giving RSLK chain a try.

On a 40cc saw save yourself $200 and get a Dolmar 421
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Kenjax, this little Dolmar does look good. How does it hold up compared to an XP saw?
However, its 10.80 lbs is same weight as 550xp and 545, and almost a pound heavier than the 543xp.

Ya, I went back and added emphasis to the word evidently ;)

The Husky reps did say that they've run it and were impressed, so it does seem to be getting close. I was somewhat surprised to hear it will not have autotune.

I have seen mention on AS from someone saying they think its only good for 3" wood maximum. The impression the reps gave me was it was stronger than that, and I don't think its in their interest to oversell it to those wanting more. We'll see.

No AT, no Revboost, and it basically is a Zenoah (Redmax in the US) 4300.

Power rating is the same as the MS241 and PS-421 - higher than the PS-420, and lower than the ol' 242xp.

Opinions I have read about how strong it is have varied considerably - but at least it is lighter than the competition in the 42/43cc pro saw class.....

Latest posts

Back