Husky TechLite Bars - new version coming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not real thrilled about the 543 being a Redmax. While the engine is superb, Redmax saws are much more "plasticky".

I agree, the only real difference I have found between the 4300 and the 543xp so far is that the chain catcher is metal on the Husky, and polymer (plastic) on the 4300.
There may of course be other similar differenses, but it looks like the clutch cover is plastic on both, in Zenoah/Redmax fashion.....

Not familiar with Redmax- never see them around here. Husky site says 543xp has Magnesium crankcase - does the Redmax? What parts seem more plasticky to you?

?
http://www.redmax.com/products/chain-saws/gz4500/

I'm sure it does have a mag case (both versions).

The "plastic" is more "plasticky" on Zenoah products than on (real) Husky ones, and Zenoah clutch covers usually are plastic.

. . . the weight at 9.6 lb Redmax GZ4500 looks pretty appealing for a 44 cc saw. But 2.7 hp on the GZ4500 versus 2.9hp for 543xp. Husky always seems to find a way to squeeze more of the juice out.

just phoned 2 Redmax 'dealers' here in BC and neither stock any Redmax saws- they all sell only Husky and Stihl. They told me parts are hard to get o_O

I am beginning to think the sweet spot for price/power/weight is the Husky 545 autotune, rather than the 543xp or the MS241 . . . or for that matter, the 550xp.

If the 543xp had the same goodies as other 500 series XP saws, I would be all over it, but I'm now thinking 545!

RedMax isn't selling saws anymore the dealer had them on closeout and the 2014 catalog doesn't have any saws in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After running a 54cc saw my plasticy GZ4000 went bye bye, it was light as a feather, but I didn't do enough limb work to keep it around.

For the record, both the 362 and 362 C-M were listed at 13 lbs, and someone had a picture of the C-M on the scale at 13.

Both the 441 and 441 C-M are 14.6 lbs, and I think the C-M version of the 261 is also the same weight as the non C-M version.

Regarding optimistic weight, I hear the 550s are actually a little over their stated weight, not sure about the 562. But if the # for that is also a little optimistic it would put it right with the 362 C-M.

The Husky 576 XP with Auto Tune weighs almost 1/2 pound more that the version w/o auto tune (go check the Husky website).

If you are going to say someone is wrong, please check your facts first.

just phoned 2 Redmax 'dealers' here in BC and neither stock any Redmax saws- they all sell only Husky and Stihl. They told me parts are hard to get o_O

I am beginning to think the sweet spot for price/power/weight is the Husky 545 autotune, rather than the 543xp or the MS241 . . . or for that matter, the 550xp.

If the 543xp had the same goodies as other 500 series XP saws, I would be all over it, but I'm now thinking 545!

The "sweet spot" obviously is the 550xp/2253.

The 545 is a great saw for the money, but I'd rather pay a bit more and get the XP. The 543xp is all together different and will be smaller/lighter. I'm looking forward to this one.

Have any of you guy's had to change out the sprocket tip on one of these tech lite's?
My buddy's locked up on his 562 the other day. Did an Internet search, and can't find the tips for sale anywhere.
Fortunately, we got it turning fine again. But it would be nice to know going forward where one could be bought.
Not too happy about our local dealer support around these parts.

Bailey's has them.

.058 part# 575 29 90 01
.050 part# 575 29 90 02

I ordered mine through my dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back