Husqvarna 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.STIHL036

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just bought a brand new husky 359 with a 18'' bar and a 24'' bar and a few skip tooth chains. I used the saw today on the site cutting some big pine. I am starting to like this saw more than my j red 2065 its a lightwieght fast cutting saw its a little more user friendly than the 2065 too. this saw gets a permenant home in my collection.

I agree. Thanks to this site, first thing I did was get a non-epa muffler for two reasons: performance and heat (longevity). Great saw for it's intended purposes.

I have both a 346XP NE and a 359. While both are great saws, the 359 is a much better choice for running bigger bars (20-24 inch) and more powerful in the large diameter hard wood trunks. The 346 is very fast with a 18" bar and .325 pitch chain but the 359 will take off and leave it with 3/8 chain on 20" bar and bigger. I have no complaints with either saw. For firewood cutting, I like the 359 for felling and cutting the trunk section, then I switch to the 346 for anything the 18" bar will cut. Husquvarna saws continue to impress me with performance and power to weight ratios.

Just got the orange twin to your 2065, the Husqvarna 365. So just of curiosity, what is more user friendly on the 359? I would think the 359 had some lack of power compared to your 2065? But haven`t tried the 359. And not rally my 365 yet though.

they are de-tuned versions of their xp brothers 357xp and 372/371/362 xp. so sort of pros, I think.

Last edited:
The 359 and 365 have metal crank cases and are built like the pro models.
Like said, the 359 / 365 are tuned down versions of the 357xp and the 372xp. All good saws!

:cheers:

My 359 was a good saw WHEN it was running. I did not abuse the saw and had lots of problems with it. It is now in the hands of a capable mechanic that will hopefully enjoy it. I am glad to be rid of it and will stay with my Stihls from now on.

My 359 was a good saw WHEN it was running. I did not abuse the saw and had lots of problems with it. It is now in the hands of a capable mechanic that will hopefully enjoy it. I am glad to be rid of it and will stay with my Stihls from now on.

You must have got one with the bad carb. They fixed it in 07-08 I believe.

I did and I had it replaced and then it developed an air leak somewhere. That saw ran great when it was out of the shop. It was a POS overall. It kind of made me shy away from Husqvarna.

I agree it is a good saw.
may I ask why didn`t you got 346XP? it was cheaper, lighter and a professional use saw.
359 is for Landowners.

just curious.

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/homeowner/products/chainsaws/husqvarna-chainsaws-for-homeowners/

cheers and enjoy it.

Man that dude is very upper echelon of the "homeowners saws"

There aint a 455,460, 290, 310, 346, 360, that can touch that saw with a good muffler mod.

My 2006 with a modded no cat gets the respect of everyone who runs it!

Don't think a 440, 372 will pull it by much.

attachment.php

attachment.php

homeowner/ professional, blah blah blah its the guy holding the saw. i have two jonny red 2159's that were cat models. ran like crap until i had them ehp'd. there identical saws to the husky but jonsered doesn't use the xp suffix, its just a gimmic.

can`t be just the name....
btw, what is XP standing for ?
it is not eq to pro; others are pro but not xp.

The XP models have more power than their counter parts, 353/346xp, 359/357xp, 365/372xp.
Guess it stands for 'Extra Power'?

I believe XP stands for extra performance. The biggest difference I can see is in the cylinder porting. Theses saws often run at much higher RPMs. The XP models seem to give the most power for the same weight chassis as many non XP models, therefore the power to weight ratio goes way up. A big plus for a professional saw when production and operator fatigue is important.

Back