Husqvarna 440e Bar oiler problem?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotgun365

Reaction score
Hi guys has anyone else had issues with the husqvarna 440e not oiling the bar? I took my saw into the local dealer which unfortunately is a bit of a trek to get fixed. It came back fine and was told that it was just a blocked bar. I thought it was strange as I had given it a good clean and the oil holes had no blockages. So anyway I bought a proper bar scraper to make sure I was getting right down into the groove of the bar should the problem occur again. Whilst I was in the shop they fitted a new chain. Today I was cutting and after refuelling the same problem! The bar was not oiling. So it took off the chain brake and cleaned the bar and excess chips around the sprocket etc. Tried the saw without the cover on and oil was flowing properly, but put the bar back on and nothing? The saw is only 2 months old and not had much use maybe 6-10 hours. The local dealer seems pretty good but the saw was bought from the web, so don't know about warranty. I have had a search on the web and other models seems to have an issue with the oiler tube getting constricted when the chain brake is tightened up but this saw has a different mechanism. Any suggestions to save me a trip back to the dealer?

I am working on a saw with a similar issue. Originally I advised the owner to clean out the oil tank rinse it out with 2 stroke oil, clean the bar groove and oil hole. He did this, didn't work.

I went through the same steps, didn't work. Blew air through the oil passages. Didn't work.

I removed and cleaned all the components. still no oil. I can hear bubbling when I turn the oiler manually but nothing comes out. The pump body can be installed two ways and is not marked as to which direction it should be installed. Tried both ways and same bubbling. Assembling the saw and running it it gets no oil. The oil outlet from the tank freely flows with the rubber "pump head" removed from the saw. Only thing I can think to do is to enlarge the holes on the pump body and the rubber "pump head".

Back