Husqvarna 562xp vs. stihl ms362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here although I never owned one. We ran one an older Husky at work for awhile though, a 2 something series. Strong runner. I will say that their is a somewhat of husky slant here at AS that I see, (I'm very new here though) BUT I can see why. Most are great saws. I guess I'm beginning the CAD, cause there are a lot of good chainsaws out there, most brands and ages.:msp_w00t:

The 2 series huskys , are strong and fast . 3 series are arguably better because of quad porting . Time will tell about the autotunes , but they are strong .
IMO , the husky slant , may be in part , due to the fact that they seem to produce their peak hp at a slightly higher rpm , and they just plain scream :msp_wub: . Many users prefer the feel or torque of a stihl , for personal reasons .
In the real world though , pro husky or pro stihl models of similar displacement will be so close in cut times , that it really doesn't matter . ( God i hate to admit that ) :hmm3grin2orange:

I've lately been a stihl guy until this year. I bought two 562xp's and recently a 390xp. I have been running my 562 every day with a 20" bar. Its very impressive. All I've done to it so far has been gutting the baffles in the mufflers. I had trouble with the first one, which got a new carb and been fine since. My 390 is in pieces because that's getting ported as we speak. Ive just been taking my time nights doing the port work. I must say its got a better feel than the 362, which im not impressed with. I like the 361 anyday over a 362. But the 562 is my daily go to saw. From bucket work to climbing on the crane and so on. I really love that husky!! Ok that's my 2cents and then some..lol...

Both are great damn saws, pick them up see which one you like.
Spend your money with the dealer who earns your business.
I've got 362's out that are coming up on 4 years and a few have cut hundreds of
face cords of firewood with very few issues.

Same here although I never owned one. We ran one an older Husky at work for awhile though, a 2 something series. Strong runner. I will say that their is a somewhat of husky slant here at AS that I see, (I'm very new here though) BUT I can see why. Most are great saws. I guess I'm beginning the CAD, cause there are a lot of good chainsaws out there, most brands and ages.:msp_w00t:

Yeah it's wierd. In Oregon pretty much every logger I know runs a 046/460/461 Stihl. One local shop had no less than 10 461's on the shelf yesterday, and only a few other assorted Stihls and Huskies. Most of the guys I've talked to said they like Stihl better in the wet, dirty, and nasty, but even most of them will say a Husky is faster in clean wood. There are places and uses for both brands IMO.

Well depends on the wood your cutting, anything under 18 inch the 562 cuts faster but 20 or above the 044 is alot stronger.

It sure is different up here in the PNW I guess, because I never see a 60cc saw with less than a 24" bar on it, and even 50cc saws normally have a 20".

562XPW, nuff said!!

attachment.php

Real nice 262 as well for comparison!

attachment.php

attachment.php

You know you want one!! All the big kids are doing it!

how does it compare to a 044

No comparison...The 044/440 is the winner easy....I have both, the 562 and 440...The're both great saws..
The 562 and 440 are two of the best saws ever made...JMO,,,Wait....I take that back..
I Would probably have to say the 372 is the best Husky ever Made. again JMO

parrisw how about a cutting video of the 262 vs 562? I need a set of dogs like that for my 562.

562xp is the most impressive stock saw I've ever run. Not only in speed and power, but in the way if feels and handles. Hell of a saw! It OWNS the 60cc market! :msp_smile:

Good topic, being that I'm looking to get a 60cc saw, I already have a couple of Huskys and was looking at getting a ms362 just to mix it up a little, because in my opinion I believe there is not much of a difference in pro saws, atleast not that I will really notice. But leaning towards a Husky 562.

Good topic, being that I'm looking to get a 60cc saw, I already have a couple of Huskys and was looking at getting a ms362 just to mix it up a little, because in my opinion I believe there is not much of a difference in pro saws, atleast not that I will really notice. But leaning towards a Husky 562.

Just lean harder, the direction is no doubt the right one! :msp_thumbup:

I own Stihl products because of the quality of service the local Stihl dealer has provided. But I have used both saws, and I like the 562xp a bit better and feel that I'm a bit more efficient with it. It balances better with a 20" bar, is lighter, and handles better in my hands. Both saws were easy to start and accelerated well, but I'd give the nod to the 562xp.

Last edited:
I have an ms361 and buddy has a 562xp. Head to head we couldn't tell the difference. The husky felt a little lighter but really isn't but the angles of the stihl handle feel better to me. I would happily own either but I am a low tech guy and prefer a simple carb so lean that way.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. My Wicked Worksaw 562 by Tlandrum sounds flat angry!!

i have noticed stihl prices have been going up and quality down, get in the game its not 1978 or 1998 or even 2005, husky -jonsered-echo are better saws and better prices,small saws -ech0-med saws echo-pro-big farm ranch husky,

Hi Guys, I'm going to buy new 60cc saw, so I'm thinking about 562XP or MS362 CM. Which of them will be better choice? I've heard that 562XP is great, fast saw but has a lot of problems and faults. But then MS362 is bit slower than Husqy but more reliable. Is that true.

Which would you rather have and why?
this isn't even close, the xp562, ecspecialy for long Gevity, the xp 562 or jonsred 2260 are better, faster, more versatile, lighter,the stihl still has to much plastic and frankly I fell is overrated,i prefer the sleekness of the jonsred,1st than the husky,amd for half the price [but giving uo a little speed and tech,]I would take the echo timberwolf for 399,99, that buys a lot fuel and chains for 300 bucks,just my opinion, john damps ADK MNTS

Back