Husqvarna Crankcase Splitting Tool: Video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've put off buying this tool for years. Now I wonder why. I makes this job so easy. It'll work on most any saw, regardless of brand. The PN is 502516101. It can be ordered online for about $80. You might be able to get a better deal from one of our sponsors. I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
I've put off buying this tool for year. Now I wonder why. I makes this job so easy. It'll work on most any saw, regardless of brand. The PN is 502516101. It can be ordered online for about $80. You might be able to get a better deal from one of our sponsors. I highly recommend it.

[video=youtube_share;zAO71xwWy0g]http://youtu.be/zAO71xwWy0g[/video]

A must Brad I have just bought one from the states so I can pull my 3120 apart

McBob.

I've put off buying this tool for year. Now I wonder why. I makes this job so easy. It'll work on most any saw, regardless of brand. The PN is 502516101. It can be ordered online for about $80. You might be able to get a better deal from one of our sponsors. I highly recommend it.

[video=youtube_share;zAO71xwWy0g]http://youtu.be/zAO71xwWy0g[/video]

Is this a cold press? No heat involved? Just wondering. I've been looking at fabricating one, maybe not -time will tell. I like what I see. Thanks

Bought time you put it to use. :rock: For no more than they cost, every one that does a little saw work should have one.

About time you put it to use. :rock: For as much as they cost, every one that has plenty of jack and does a little saw work should have one.
fixed it for ya

If you are selling we are all ears on price, shipping and delivery time...:msp_wink:
Thus far we have not clarified (at least to the dim wit I am) whether the Husky puller so frequently posted about will work on a Stihl saw (specifically one the size of a MS260).

There is no need to heat the crankcase. It does help to bump the case and the spindle shaft as you increase tension on the crank to relieve side loading and keep the case coming off squarely

There sure is a big belly on the video....

:D

Nice tool by the way. I am wondering if it will work on a contra? That's a future project. A 040 is waiting on the bench at the moment.

fixed it for ya

If you are selling we are all ears on price, shipping and delivery time...:msp_wink:
Thus far we have not clarified (at least to the dim wit I am) whether the Husky puller so frequently posted about will work on a Stihl saw (specifically one the size of a MS260).

I have use the tool and I split many of the 024 and 026 cases with it. It is not the ideal tool for the small cases. The end of the tool that goes in the inside of the case is to large, you end up pushing on the crank at an angle. If you do a lot of the small cases you should look at the next size smaller. They make a smaller version of the same basic tool for cases like the 346,346,350.

Later
Dan

I have use the tool and I split many of the 024 and 026 cases with it. It is not the ideal tool for the small cases. The end of the tool that goes in the inside of the case is to large, you end up pushing on the crank at an angle. If you do a lot of the small cases you should look at the next size smaller. They make a smaller version of the same basic tool for cases like the 346,346,350.

Later
Dan

So is this for 60 or 70 cc+ saws? in general? What about the smaller one on bigger saws?

I like the tool, but have saws from small to ca. 95cc, universal is nice......

I just checked my Bailey's order history for the splitter I bought. I have the same one as Brad (HVP 502 51 61 01) and have used it to split everything from 394's down to 346's without a problem. It is a little narrow to fit over the bells at the crank, but that was easily fixed by sticking it in a vise and prying the jaws apart.

I did have a problem with the swivel point on my popping off the press-fit. I just welded a ~10mm ball bearing on it and it hasn't given me another moment's problem. I think it works better with the ball bearing.

Latest posts

Back