Husqvarna Crankcase Splitting Tool: Video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They reduce side thrust on the bearings to almost zero due to the design of the tool; when pulling the crank into the bearings. Also the tool can be used to very precisely center the crank in the well.

Exactly

Thanks for posting. Videos are worth a bunch of words.:msp_thumbup:

I have use the tool and I split many of the 024 and 026 cases with it. It is not the ideal tool for the small cases. The end of the tool that goes in the inside of the case is to large, you end up pushing on the crank at an angle. If you do a lot of the small cases you should look at the next size smaller. They make a smaller version of the same basic tool for cases like the 346,346,350.

Later
Dan

Can someone elaborate as to the crank case splitter part number made by husky that would be suitable for splitting the MS260 size crank case? And a possible sponsor to quote a price. My birthday was last week and I have some monay that is burning a hole in muh pocket...:msp_wink:

They are slick....and necessary IMHO.

Untitled by mweba1, on Flickr

Untitled by mweba1, on Flickr

Mitch any chance of some more info on this crank assembly tool or a video maybe. Im not seeing how it works. Ten again i didnt see how the "splitter" worked until brads video. And ive had one in my basement for a few months. Amazing how a video removes all questions. Also makes you feel really stupid when the "light" in your head, turns on. Like i had to see that you had to spin the crank enough to get the "fingers" of the splitter around the crank..DOH!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back