I STIHL cant believe it...!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sapwood-

I will just have to strike a balance between the wife and the 460, right?

AND the 360, the BG 85, all my guns, the dog, hunting, shooting, cutting wood, smoking cigars, cleaning my saws, ..........

Shouldnt be that hard...:D

drew

Drew, If you found one that let you do all that (or better yet, do it with you) you better keep her. Mine just wasn't interested so I lost interest. But I now have plenty of saws & guns:D

Sap

Sapwood,
You got off easy, My ex put my saws (inherited from my deceased dad) out on trash pick-up day, along with everything else important to me, right after she told me I had to leave. (she had assured me everthing would be OK until I got someplace to put it)
When I came over to the house to take the dog for a run, I was sick, had to beat the trash pickers away with a stick. Got a lot of stuff off the street but the saws were long gone. And oh yeah, before you ask, she's still breathing, she's just not worth the aggravation, and I'm way better off now. Besides when all was said and done I got the dog!

Drew, buy one of each and whichever one you don't like I will gladly take off your hands!!:D

Drew, it's my understanding that there's a factory muffler front cover which fits either of the two saws (440/460) and has a secondary screened outlet.&nbsp; Ben Walker has mentioned it here before, and there may even be a part number in a post somewhere.&nbsp; It likely won't flow quite as well as the Walkerized one, but it'll be a "stock" item instead of one obviously modified, just in case <i>that</i> ever becomes an issue.

Glen

i tried ordering that (older?) cover; when stock number was posted before; got something (can't remember what quite now); that definitely wasn't that acclaimed cover. NOt sure what went wrong, i copy/pasted/printed to rule out most of my own person-all dumb-acidy. Had full conversation with shop what i wuz up to etc. ('course they did just get me metal recoil pulley for 020; that i suspect went to 200 concrete saw); so i'd double check, and hope not discontinued, and they sent closeset thing to.

I am also REALLY interested in that part # for the stock Dual- port Muffler for my MS 440 w/ 24" bar. If anyone knows the correct part #.

Good luck on your Marrige! It's a good thing if you find the right person. My 1st wife was a Demon from Hell. I vowed never again after my Divorce, but got hitched again after 3 yrs and it's been just great!

The wife didn't raise an eyebrown when we got a house six months ago, and I had to buy a BG 65 blower and FS 80 Trimmer. (I'm still working on the Stihl Hedge Trimmer.)

She also didn't complain too much when I had a local Tree Co. dump a load of wood in the front yard ( I wasn't home sat the time he dumped it) Not to mention it was the enire tree, pie and all, some 6 chuncks were 48" x 4' long! Dam fool Tree guy! I had to call over every friend I had to get that mess quarted and stacked! I had to rip almost all of it TWICE just to roll it with a Peavy! It took all weekend. The wife just looked at he pile and shook here head.

Also, my prenump was, " Honey every Saturday during Duck and Goose season I won't be home...not ever." You should consider something like that.

Get the Ms 460 if you allready have a 036! Good luck!

Thanks everyone-

To address the stock "dual ported muffler" I was on the phone with Sthil yesterday and asked the guy about the part and gave him the number. He said the part is no longer available. I will get the Walkerized muffler for the 460, depending on how the 360 muffler comes to me looking. (should be a few more days) I did a search of the chainsaw forum, by title, and typed in "046" and came up with a bunch of hits and one of them has the part # for the magnum muffler cover. I would still find someone to build a muffler for you, as I am sure that the dual ported muffler will still have more "restriction" than one that can be built by walkers or one of our saw builders.

As to the whole marrige thing, yeah it has its challanges sometimes, but everything in life does. So far is been great, and hopefully in a couple of years we will beable to build a house on 10-15 acres far far away from neighboors!!! I am just a small town kid with country blood :D

Best of luck to all-
Drew

The dual port 440/460 cover was available this spring as I purchased one form my dealer. The covers for the 044/ and 046 interchange, but the 460 comes with the whole muffler assmbly and the 044 you can buy the cover only.

The dual port front cover for 044/046 is 1128-140-0801
I bought one last year. Is just the outter half and comes with screen and deflector. Should be around $30

Latest posts

Back