it was just one quick cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allstihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
half of one of maples came down . I had a lot to do today figured if I took one limb of it I could drag it out of the way with the truck .im bretty religious about chaps , but it was just one quick cut . cut the limb the thing rolled , knocked me over and I dropped the bar on my leg .I got lucky , ruined my pants and I got a long shallow kerf in my leg .ill take the dumb ass award, thankfully not the Darwin award .don't think ill ever start a saw until ive got the chaps on .

Ouch. I think it's more likely to happen with 'just one quick cut' than if you're out for a good length of time in the woods. I had a client recently with the same kind of story. He was just going to tidy up one log to mill it later - just one quick cut - while wearing jeans. Log rolls a little and the bar slips down onto his leg. Now he has a nice groove in his patella. He's been using chainsaws and mills for 30 years.

A good friend on My brother in law died cutting the wrong limb when no one was with him. Log rolled and another limb pressed his face in the mud where he died.

John Deer A sat idleing near by when wife went looking for him when he didn't come in for dinner.

:D Al

Yup ... I had a 8in round widow maker come down and take the saw out of my hand as I walked into my cut site, it wasn't there 2 days before ....

Stay frosty .... And Keep Runnin' Loads ....

Latest posts

Back