Jonsered 2050 not oiling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alabamatriker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My 2050 Turbo just quit oiling while I was cutting. Pulled bar off, no oil coming thru cover slot, pullet the metal cover, no oil coming out hole in the metal tube. Drained and flushed oil tank with mixed gas couple of times. Ran saw with bar and cover off with mix in oiler and only got a couple drips out of oil hole then. What next?

My 2050 Turbo just quit oiling while I was cutting. Pulled bar off, no oil coming thru cover slot, pullet the metal cover, no oil coming out hole in the metal tube. Drained and flushed oil tank with mixed gas couple of times. Ran saw with bar and cover off with mix in oiler and only got a couple drips out of oil hole then. What next?

If it’s truly not plugged up anywhere then.....

New oil pump.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

May just have stripped oil pump drive wheel. Yes, to remove turn clockwise.

Tore into it farther. Oil pump drive looks good. Cleaned it all really well. Still just getting a bubble of oil every now and then. Is there any way to get the pickup out of the tank and check it?

Tore into it farther. Oil pump drive looks good. Cleaned it all really well. Still just getting a bubble of oil every now and then. Is there any way to get the pickup out of the tank and check it?

Try removing the plate where the oil leads to the bar.....under that is a square black rubber like deal with a hole in it....try pumping oil down the hole with a pump type oil can. A lot of times the oil pump just loses it's prime and can't pull oil. These aren't really a pump...more like a paddle...just moves oil along but the whole thing has to be flooded with oil in order to work.

Went through the same thing with a friends saw. Ended up with a different pump (used from a shelf takerupper). I wish I had tried post #6 to confirm..Thanks for the post Cantdog..now I have a used unknown pump to deal with as I intend fixing the saw...

Back