Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should of put a reserve on it. How did that deal get by me,,,,,,darn.

I gave my oldest son my jred 910e I think I need a 920?

Scott.....I think you got trashed. One of those rare times on eBay where you hit a void/slump.

This isn’t a bad time of yr, not like summer or immediately post Xmas. Not the best time like fall, but you got robbed.

I’m sorry man....I know you had a lot in that saw. Hell, if I didn’t have one I would have bought yours because it was yours.

There were a lot of 621’s made, but I don’t think that’s the issue here.

I guess the moral here is; have a reserve that at least covers your expenses.

Kevin

I'm not a big fan of reserve auctions, but maybe I'll give it a try next time.

In the end, I'm still doing ok. My Stihl 056 Magnum II sold for about twice what I expected to bring, so that was nice.

Going to throw an XF and a 111S up on eBay soon. Wish me luck!

Scott

Should of put a reserve on it. How did that deal get by me,,,,,,darn.

I gave my oldest son my jred 910e I think I need a 920?
Bill,the 920 were a de tuned 910.the 920 cylinder was open port I believe
and they went back to the closed port like the 910e for the 930
check with (cantdog)

Bill,the 920 were a de tuned 910.the 920 cylinder was open port I believe
and they went back to the closed port like the 910e for the 930
check with (cantdog)

That’s correct and some people prefer the 930 Super, which is really a Husky with a Partner handle.

I know several loggers who had all three saws in the series and preferred the 910e as their favorite.

I have a couple of 910e’s not running yet that I’m going to compare to my 80/90’s. I did use a 910e on a loggin’ show for a day. Friend was trying to get me to buy a new one (he worked at a saw shop). After a day of use I was impressed by its power to weight ratio, but it didn’t exactly shame my hot rod 80. So no trip to the saw shop to buy a new one.

The 910e was the last “pure” Jonsereds of that size. There was a 100cc prototype of the 910e that Electrolux Group AB killed into production. THAT would have been a game changer IMO.

Kevin

Fellas -

Have an XF on the bench that's giving me fits. It was running on a prime and then I disassembled it (didn't split the case). Replaced the rings with Cabers. I rebuilt the carb. Set plug gap at .023, points set at .012. 1.25 turns out on H and L. Compression is good. Spark looks very strong.

I can barely get it to pop when I try to start it. Seems like it's getting fuel to the cylinder; if anything, it's getting too much, because the plug is invariably wet when I pull it. Even though it seems like it's flooding, I poured some mix into the cylinder to see if it would start. No joy.

Any thoughts? Timing should be good, or close to it. If anything, it may be retarded a bit because it's not difficult to pull like a saw can get sometimes when the timing is spot on or advanced too far.

Any thoughts?

Scott

Scott, I’m only good with Tilly’s and recently I even put the sandwich order on the bottom gasket assembly wrong so I’m not infallible.

Given that you have too much gas with a nice fat spark and given your timing is OK, it would indicate a carb issue. What kinda carb is in the XF? Are you sure the gas inlet needle is seating and level fork is adjust correctly for that carb?

Kevin

Scott, I’m only good with Tilly’s and recently I even put the sandwich order on the bottom gasket assembly wrong so I’m not infallible.

Given that you have too much gas with a nice fat spark and given your timing is OK, it would indicate a carb issue. What kinda carb is in the XF? Are you sure the gas inlet needle is seating and level fork is adjust correctly for that carb?

Kevin

Kevin -

The XF has the Tilly HL 98A.

I have a bunch of these saws, so I could swap a known good carb (if I have any!) to see if this cures it.

Thanks

Scott

Kevin -

The XF has the Tilly HL 98A.

I have a bunch of these saws, so I could swap a known good carb (if I have any!) to see if this cures it.

Thanks

Scott
Sure sounds like carb to me.....but yeah, if you have a running XF with the same carb, swap 'em for a test. I'll see if I can find an IPL of that Tilly.

Kevin

There's screen the fuel passes through in those old ones and a sintered bronze filter in the newer (relatively speaking) ones.

A kit that generally fits the older ones is the RK-88 kit.

In case anyone can use one, attached is a parts list and diagram from 1966 for the HL's. Most of the PN's are obsolete though.

The 98A is in it.

I believe 1966 was the year I really started to notice girls. :)

Attachments

• Tillotson Vintage-HL-Parts-List.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 5
Fellas -

Have an XF on the bench that's giving me fits. It was running on a prime and then I disassembled it (didn't split the case). Replaced the rings with Cabers. I rebuilt the carb. Set plug gap at .023, points set at .012. 1.25 turns out on H and L. Compression is good. Spark looks very strong.

I can barely get it to pop when I try to start it. Seems like it's getting fuel to the cylinder; if anything, it's getting too much, because the plug is invariably wet when I pull it. Even though it seems like it's flooding, I poured some mix into the cylinder to see if it would start. No joy.

Any thoughts? Timing should be good, or close to it. If anything, it may be retarded a bit because it's not difficult to pull like a saw can get sometimes when the timing is spot on or advanced too far.

Any thoughts?

Scott

Scott,

A saw should fire if you put a bit of mix through the plug hole despite many other possible faults unless you flood it.

A couple of things to check.

The odd plug won't fire under compression due to the increased air density but will fire fine outside the cylinder. It seems a lot worse to me since the end of leaded gas.

The other is timing. I believe you have other XF saws.
Compare the location of the magnets on the flywheel at TDC relative to the coil laminations on that saw and one of your other ones to see if the location is the same. It doesn't take much of a shift before the saw won't fire.

There's screen the fuel passes through in those old ones and a sintered bronze filter in the newer (relatively speaking) ones.

A kit that generally fits the older ones is the RK-88 kit.

In case anyone can use one, attached is a parts list and diagram from 1966 for the HL's. Most of the PN's are obsolete though.

The 98A is in it.

I believe 1966 was the year I really started to notice girls. :)

I see #17 as the fuel strainer screen...pretty big, probably not easily plugged. I'm not seeing the 98A...just the 97A & 101A and no mention of Jonsereds applications.

I think Scott will find the issue as he compares to a running XF......if the carb swap doesn't work.

Kevin

I see #17 as the fuel strainer screen...pretty big, probably not easily plugged. I'm not seeing the 98A...just the 97A & 101A and no mention of Jonsereds applications.

I think Scott will find the issue as he compares to a running XF......if the carb swap doesn't work.

Kevin

Wrong file Kevin. Thanks for letting me know. When I saw the upside down pages I figured I messed up.

Attached is the correct one with the 98A (I hope said the senile guy)

Attachments

• HL Series Export specs, parts10-66.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back