Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first new saw ever was a 621 which I ran pretty hard with a 16" (8T) and 24" (7T) with only the brass screen. Ultimately after 26 years or so the PTO side bearing started spitting out balls and one or more made their way through the transfers.

Mark
Well, a lot of people have gotten long yrs of service with the brass screen. However, as I said it's a poor filter and only the hardness of the jug is saving them from disaster. Easy to swap out for the felted filter and cover. I see them on eBay.....saw two covers just the other day on eBay. The felted filter will cost you some $$ though these days.

If Scott's sale is any indication of current value (I think he got robbed) then figure $300 for a really nice low hr with original paint and $150 for a 'well purposed', complete saw. Collectors aren't all over this saw yet. Look for a low hr example with spark issues....millennial's aren't great with points.

Kevin

Wow that’s still a good price IMO. Going to throw this one on the trading post and price down accordingly because mine needs a couple of things.

EDIT: It’s in the trading post in case anyone is interested.

Should sell pretty quickly, although the Trading Post here isn't what it used to be.

Kevin

Talking of missing bits, my small collection of 49sp's is still growing. So far I have managed to overcome many shortages such as chain tensioners by simply making them however....guide bar plates seem to be non existent, by the time I get a saw the outer plate has been lost somewhere along the line. As the bar fitting itself is still in use (presumably) I imagine there must be suitable bar plates too. Does anyone know which common current saw (pref Husqvarna) might use bar plates of a similar style ideally available from China. Local Husqvarna agent is incapable of looking for a fit for something 40ish yrs old, and while I have near endless patience with a machine, I have zero tolerance for uncooperative sales staff. Here, (UK) for the moment parts can be got from China (often) for less than the cost of local postage and similar plates from mild steel (car body work) simply don't do the job in a derailment.
Any assistance most gratefully received. Thanks.

Hey Fella's I need some help identifying this Jonsereds please, it came into my mates workshop the other day and no identifyible markings to indicate what model it is.

Thanks in advance.

u3Sb6gah.jpg

Thanks for that Kensie, what can you tell me about them mate?
They are one of the last pure jonsered saws made, it's 87cc 54mm bore with a 38mm stroke, has a domed piston and the transfers intake from the case similar to a close port system. They were good torquey saws, parts are hard to find.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

They are one of the last pure jonsered saws made, it's 87cc 54mm bore with a 38mm stroke, has a domed piston and the transfers intake from the case similar to a close port system. They were good torquey saws, parts are hard to find.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that Kensie, much appreciated mate.:cheers:

Logger's saw...beginning one in the series; 910E, 920E, 930E/Super. Jonsereds was allowed to continue this saw in production (unchanged) on the Partner assembly line after the Electrolux Group AB buyout. The 920 had Partner influence and the 930 had Partner/Husky influence.

Jonsereds dropped the 's' about the time the 920 came out. Lot of argument about which saw is 'better' in the series. Loggers I talked to that had all three preferred the 910E. Spike60 (Bob) prefers the 930 Super. I've got some project 910E's that I'm gonna put to work....although I was lent a 910E for a day while still loggin'. Nothing spectacular about it other than the power to weight ratio at the time (heavy use of plastics). I was using a hot 80 as a backup saw at the time and the 910E didn't exactly run circles around it. Course I don't remember the chain type on the the lent 910 either. I always ran .404 skip-tooth chisel on everything.......doubtful it had that on there.

Like Kensie said, NLA parts....parts will come from donors, various old saw vendors and eBay

Kevin

Logger's saw...beginning one in the series; 910E, 920E, 930E/Super. Jonsereds was allowed to continue this saw in production (unchanged) on the Partner assembly line after the Electrolux Group AB buyout. The 920 had Partner influence and the 930 had Partner/Husky influence.

Jonsereds dropped the 's' about the time the 920 came out. Lot of argument about which saw is 'better' in the series. Loggers I talked to that had all three preferred the 910E. Spike60 (Bob) prefers the 930 Super. I've got some project 910E's that I'm gonna put to work....although I was lent a 910E for a day while still loggin'. Nothing spectacular about it other than the power to weight ratio at the time (heavy use of plastics). I was using a hot 80 as a backup saw at the time and the 910E didn't exactly run circles around it. Course I don't remember the chain type on the the lent 910 either. I always ran .404 skip-tooth chisel on everything.......doubtful it had that on there.

Like Kensie said, NLA parts....parts will come from donors, various old saw vendors and eBay

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, she's a heavy ol girl, I certainly wouldn't want to be hanging off it all day I can tell you that much. Apparently it runs fine, the person who owns it dropped a tree on it and broke the handle so we are on the lookout for one of those, if we can't find one we might be able to repair this one to some degree to at least make the saw useable again, do you know by chance if any other handles can be made to fit it or not?

Like Robin says, the 910E was a bird all of its own color. Also, the full-wrap handle is something that will leave you scratching your head.....with it's little metal movement 'limiter' poking through the handle. The 910E's handle was the saw's Achilles Heel......get it caught in a cut, pull too hard and you'd rip the handle AV mounts which are REALLY rare now. Jonsereds doesn't get kudos for that handle design....but it's unique....lol!

Kevin

Like Robin says, the 910E was a bird all of its own color. Also, the full-wrap handle is something that will leave you scratching your head.....with it's little metal movement 'limiter' poking through the handle. The 910E's handle was the saw's Achilles Heel......get it caught in a cut, pull too hard and you'd rip the handle AV mounts which are REALLY rare now. Jonsereds doesn't get kudos for that handle design....but it's unique....lol!

Kevin
Well that's why they went with the one piece Partner design handles on the later 8XX and 9XX saws. Trigger handle av mounts were actually worse than the top handle av mounts on the 910....you can rip them out real easy.....well....only if you try to pull your way out of a mess.....best to not get in a mess or have a second saw handy to cut your way out....yanking on these saws is not the answer.

I worked with guys in the woods who habitually got their saws stuck in cuts. They were just sloppy and uniformed. I can imagine that kinda logger, ripping those 910E AV's quite regularly. That's why you start a wedge in as soon as the cut allows you to.

Yeah, the weakness wasn't really the handle wrap AV's so much as the trigger handle AV's.....try to find them now for a decent price....lol. I meant to say trigger handle AV's in my post......

Kevin

I expect the full wrap with the OEM lower mount really helped the upper handle AVs, giving it a fourth mounting point. I have a NOS 910EV full wrap and the proper lower mount brand new as well but haven't time the time or inclination to mount it on my 910E yet...it's on the list LOL!!!

Latest posts

Back