Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the only Jonsereds I own, its a 621 I picked up at a garage sale about 4yrs ago now for $25 it goes great, heavy little sucker but it sure cuts nicely and I was out cutting with it about a mth or so ago at a mates place, I don't use it often due to it's weight (got lighter saws to use) but it really does a great job of cutting the Aussie hardwoods we have here.

Esbl4K5l.jpg

usbhFt2l.jpg

nwMuTJ6l.jpg

lCFERaFl.jpg

A heated full-wrap....wow.....that's like the Holy Grail of J'reds wraps....lol! I always though that bottom mount took the stress off the other AV points, yes and I'm surprised it was never incorporated in the 111S design or......when it actually appeared originally on the 80/90 and possibly the 801.

Even if we agree that the full-wraps were put on the saws over here by designated contractors, that bottom mount was most likely a Jonsereds product. And who would have made that full-wrap heated?.....mysteries.....lol.

Kevin

This is the only Jonsereds I own, its a 621 I picked up at a garage sale about 4yrs ago now for $25 it goes great, heavy little sucker but it sure cuts nicely and I was out cutting with it about a mth or so ago at a mates place, I don't use it often due to it's weight (got lighter saws to use) but it really does a great job of cutting the Aussie hardwoods we have here.

Esbl4K5l.jpg

usbhFt2l.jpg

nwMuTJ6l.jpg

lCFERaFl.jpg

Beautiful shape if it hasn't been repainted.....the silver is in uncanny condition, because it's the first to fade/go. Indeed a heavy saw but made to last at least a lifetime and very expensive/popular in its day.

All that's missing is the spark plug cover. Pull handle not original and it's got the metal screen air filter and cover I don't like. But as hard as that jug plating is and the fact it's not used everyday, it will probably last forever anyway.

Kevin

A heated full-wrap....wow.....that's like the Holy Grail of J'reds wraps....lol! I always though that bottom mount took the stress off the other AV points, yes and I'm surprised it was never incorporated in the 111S design or......when it actually appeared originally on the 80/90 and possibly the 801.

Even if we agree that the full-wraps were put on the saws over here by designated contractors, that bottom mount was most likely a Jonsereds product. And who would have made that full-wrap heated?.....mysteries.....lol.

Kevin

I picked it up off ebay quite a while back....was advertised as NOS but didn't mention the heat part. I saw the wires sticking out and knew what it was. Think I paid $50 bux for it shipped......still looking for a 910 EV to put it on...:rock2:

I picked it up off ebay quite a while back....was advertised as NOS but didn't mention the heat part. I saw the wires sticking out and knew what it was. Think I paid $50 bux for it shipped......still looking for a 910 EV to put it on...:rock2:

You may be looking a loooong time.....but who knows....there could be two on eBay in one week....lol!

Kevin

You may be looking a loooong time.....but who knows....there could be two on eBay in one week....lol!

Kevin
I'd even be willing to build one.......got lots parts......a couple NOS P&C kits, NOS cases etc. But no flywheel and stator......just keep on looking I guess.

I'd even be willing to build one.......got lots parts......a couple NOS P&C kits, NOS cases etc. But no flywheel and stator......just keep on looking I guess.

So Robin....you've seen how these EV's are put together before. Are the flywheel and stator proprietary for that particular model......or do they use the same stators across models?

Kevin

Beautiful shape if it hasn't been repainted.....the silver is in uncanny condition, because it's the first to fade/go. Indeed a heavy saw but made to last at least a lifetime and very expensive/popular in its day.

All that's missing is the spark plug cover. Pull handle not original and it's got the metal screen air filter and cover I don't like. But as hard as that jug plating is and the fact it's not used everyday, it will probably last forever anyway.

Kevin
Yeah the top I repainted the rest is original, she's a good little saw alright, heavy but torquey.

Like Robin says, the 910E was a bird all of its own color. Also, the full-wrap handle is something that will leave you scratching your head.....with it's little metal movement 'limiter' poking through the handle. The 910E's handle was the saw's Achilles Heel......get it caught in a cut, pull too hard and you'd rip the handle AV mounts which are REALLY rare now. Jonsereds doesn't get kudos for that handle design....but it's unique....lol!

Kevin

Yeah that bloody AV mount setup is a pile of puss alright, we will have to come up with a better design as the one this has it 90% stuffed and won't see much action before it falls apart completely (the rubbers perrished) we will try and come up with something for the owner so he can keep on using it.

See what happens!

So Robin....you've seen how these EV's are put together before. Are the flywheel and stator proprietary for that particular model......or do they use the same stators across models?

Kevin

I believe the flywheel and stator are 910 specific.......certainly not the same stator for the 630/670 V models....don't know if they made the other 8XX and 9XX saws with heated handles.....never seen one but that doesn't mean much. Perhaps Eric can shed more light on that....

Yeah that bloody AV mount setup is a pile of puss alright, we will have to come up with a better design as the one this has it 90% stuffed and won't see much action before it falls apart completely (the rubbers perrished) we will try and come up with something for the owner so he can keep on using it.

See what happens!

The trigger handle AV's are the ones that rip out the most stuck in a cut. You just gotta remember NOT to pull hard on the handle....lol. Sometimes if an AV is just ripped from its metal but sound, you can re-glue with an industrial grade adhesive for metal/rubber. Otherwise, age/wear & tear make them useless and sloppy. I replaced all my AV's on my old 80 in the late 80's and they're still OK. They're not impossible to find on the Net, but damn expensive when you do find them.

Kevin

The trigger handle AV's are the ones that rip out the most stuck in a cut. You just gotta remember NOT to pull hard on the handle....lol. Sometimes if an AV is just ripped from its metal but sound, you can re-glue with an industrial grade adhesive for metal/rubber. Otherwise, age/wear & tear make them useless and sloppy. I replaced all my AV's on my old 80 in the late 80's and they're still OK. They're not impossible to find on the Net, but damn expensive when you do find them.

Kevin

Thanks for that Kevin, that's something to keep in mind re gluing them back in place. I'm sure we can come up with something to make it useable again, we've got to try and straighten the handle out a little bit as ol mate dropped a tree on it which is why it came to my mate in the first place, other than that it runs fine, we also got two other jonsereds from this bloke that needed some work on them, one was seized but now it's freed up and running sweat, the other needed the carby serviced (it was full of 2 stroke oil as the fuel had evaporated out of it by the looks of it, it also needed a new fuel filter, anyway she's all up and running again and running as sweat as a nut so all good there too.

Cheers mate and thanks for the info and advice, much appreciated, that goes for all that have contributed.:bowdown::cheers:

I believe the flywheel and stator are 910 specific.......certainly not the same stator for the 630/670 V models....don't know if they made the other 8XX and 9XX saws with heated handles.....never seen one but that doesn't mean much. Perhaps Eric can shed more light on that....

They did make the other saws with heat. zero_sum has an 820V. They seem to be less common than the 910EV though. I'm not sure if they share parts, but they do have that plastic switch (fragile, NLA, scarce, aka Robin probably has a dozen). I was lucky on mine. It was complete, ran, in good shape, and cheap, although I did have to drive 250 miles round trip to get it.

"(fragile, NLA, scarce, aka Robin probably has a dozen)"......LOL!!!!

I have a feeling that the V's wound up mostly in the east or Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin maybe a little in Canada etc. I've never even seen one in the flesh although Robin, didn't you score that full-wrap heated handle from out here?

Kevin

"(fragile, NLA, scarce, aka Robin probably has a dozen)"......LOL!!!!

I have a feeling that the V's wound up mostly in the east or Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin maybe a little in Canada etc. I've never even seen one in the flesh although Robin, didn't you score that full-wrap heated handle from out here?

Kevin

To tell ya the truth.....I don't remember where it came from other than ebay......had it quite a while.

Guess this is why they call it a "disorder"....do I NEED another one of these?....No...But this one NEEDS a little Cantdog love.....it looks near mint except for the top handle and the description is encouraging....pulled the trigger at 5 AM.....I know the ailment without even looking.....quick fix with likely no investment and have several NOS top handles to make this a beautiful, late model, in perfect running condition shelfqueen.....LOL!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133087173437

Latest posts

Back