• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Log Splitter

Bruiser1

Bruiser1

ArboristSite Lurker
I need to replace engine in a 25 ton log splitter.it currently has B&S 6 horse can i use a 5.5 horse to do the job?

The 5.5 it’s going to be a little weak What ton is your cylinder 3 inch 4“ 5 inch 4 to 5 inches going to be within the 25 to 37 ton range with that said you’re gonna need at least an eight and up horsepower engine but, more importantly how many GPM is your pump ideally I 13 GPM to 20 GPM pump is good on a 25 ton to 37 ton splitter anything under 13 GPM is going to be in the 20 to 22 ton splitter so, if you have a 13 to 16 or 20 GPM pump I would put at least an 8 hp and up motor Anything under 13 GPM the 6 hp should be OK

NIP Group