Makita 6421 good price?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canatct

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi folks! Looking for some advice.
My parents heat with a Hardy H2 (which is great). My dad passed away 1 year ago this month, so I stepped in to cut the firewood. He left behind a Husqvarna 450, which has been a great saw. April 2018 I purchased a Makita 6421 from a local Makita/Stihl dealer. Great saw but I returned it for a refund only because we don’t burn wood at our home and needed the $$ for my family. I now have the money so called the dealer and spoke with manager who said he still has the very saw I returned and I can buy it for $535 + tax. No return policy but still get new saw warranty. Is this a good deal? It’s the blue version if that matters. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks for your reply’s. Is there a way to tell what year it was manufactured?
Has there been any changes other than color to the 6421?

I’m going to the store tomorrow. I was surprised to find he still had the same saw I returned 10 months ago. Said he just hadn’t taken the time to paperwork the return to Makita.
I didn’t ask for price on 6100 or anything else, just the blue 6421.
I appreciate the help.

I bought a used one a few years back for $450 shipped (power head only) and sold it to one of my buddies for same. I believe I replaced the sprocket bearing. That was all it needed besides the 32" bar and chain. He loves the saw and mills with it:
Ripping Ash1.jpg

Sounds like you are getting a pretty good deal considering you would be buying it from them twice and they stored it 10 months for you :) They are great saws with lots of love around here especially for the upgradability.

Not sure why you mention the 6100, but it is the modern option. Same power, less fuel, way lighter, cheaper parts. For the same price.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

I loved the saw but only have the husky 450 to compare it to, which has been great. Starts every time and cuts good. Just takes a little extra time to get the job done.
I called to price a new 6100 and he remembered my story and told me he still had the 6421. The store is Southern States. 2 stores 15 minutes apart. One stocks STIHL and the other Makita. Very good folks to deal with.

With a 450 I wouldn't even consider a 6100. Very good saws but way bulky for 60cc saw and as far as having more power than the 6421, not IMO. The 6421 is on a larger scale saw which it doesn't feel to me compared to the bulky 6100 and the 6421 can always be upgraded to 73,79 and 84cc.

Latest posts

Back