McCulloch ProMac 1010 Pics/Diagram

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ritalinpb

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,
My uncle gave me a only McCulloch Pro Mac 10-10. It was in pieces and leaking gas from the horrible design split top gas tank I got a new filter/carb kit/fuel line/rewind spring installed and i cant seem to figure out how the chain brake mounts to the side cover. i have a spring for it that i think goes in there and i cant figure it out for the life of me. I have had 3 other people look at it. My uncle moved 12 hrs away so hes not really any help and cant remember. Does anyone have pictures or can take picture of thiers so that i can try to figure out how it goes on?
Thanks for the help!
Matt

646102254_C8K4R-XL.jpg

646102262_zf5pL-XL.jpg

646102272_mauL3-XL.jpg

646102227_afkaV-XL.jpg

646102242_z5G64-XL.jpg

646102248_pAjf5-XL.jpg

Hello,
My uncle gave me a only McCulloch Pro Mac 10-10. It was in pieces and leaking gas from the horrible design split top gas tank I got a new filter/carb kit/fuel line/rewind spring installed and i cant seem to figure out how the chain brake mounts to the side cover. i have a spring for it that i think goes in there and i cant figure it out for the life of me. I have had 3 other people look at it. My uncle moved 12 hrs away so hes not really any help and cant remember. Does anyone have pictures or can take picture of thiers so that i can try to figure out how it goes on?
Thanks for the help!
Matt

Can't be that horrible if you're trying to get it going. There are two different styles of chainbrake assy for the 10-10 series. One goes back over the muffler area, and the other does not. Which style do you have? Post up some pics, as well as your repentance for the bad words, and we'll help you get it 'ciphered out.

ok...so sorry about the gas tank comment! I got this thing runnin for the first time just now and WOW...im surprised...it runs awesome...very strong im not really brand specific i just like workin on saws i get free now the collection is up to two free saws! so i take back the comment :) I took a couple pics of the way i have it together. I have a couple questions. is there suppose to be alot of tension on this spring? the chain break on my husky which is a newer one like clicks into place. is this one suppose to do that because the way it is now it just flops around...and i dont know if you can tell from the pics if its put together correctly but from the above diagram i think i got it but there no tension its no diff that if the spring wasnt even in there. thanks again for the help guys!

also im looking at possibly getting a new bar for this. it has a 20in that i cleaned up real nice and looks good but i want a saw with a big bar. is 28 too big for this saw? acresinternet says it came with anything from a 14-28 but just making sure it will work fine. i dont do alot of sawing just little homeowner stuff.
thanks!

The end of the spring is on the wrong side of the brake "handle" pin. The pin on the handle, fits into the hole of the upper end of the brake band (the brake band is correctly installed in the photo), and that pin is also the "keeper" for the end of the spring. Also, I don't think the other end of the spring should be riding against the band.

In other words, you're correct, the brake lever has no tension.

The spring must be tensioned, with the brake band in place, and the band, and both ends of the spring correctly postioned, along with the lever, must be simultainously slid onto the pivot pin of the lever.

Looks to me like you have the later version of the brake/clutch cover (1977 and later). Unfortunately, my PM 555 is the only later version brake assembly I own, and it's not close at hand.

Did I make any sense?:dizzy:

Casey

ok...so sorry about the gas tank comment! I got this thing runnin for the first time just now and WOW...im surprised...it runs awesome...very strong im not really brand specific i just like workin on saws i get free now the collection is up to two free saws! so i take back the comment :) I took a couple pics of the way i have it together. I have a couple questions. is there suppose to be alot of tension on this spring? the chain break on my husky which is a newer one like clicks into place. is this one suppose to do that because the way it is now it just flops around...and i dont know if you can tell from the pics if its put together correctly but from the above diagram i think i got it but there no tension its no diff that if the spring wasnt even in there. thanks again for the help guys!

Last edited:
that kinda helps...i look at it tonight as see if i can figure it out...thanks for the fast reply!

Latest posts

Back