Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few of the State Fair pictures:

de soto.jpg
Desoto Suburban, late 40's/early 50's?, by one of the food stands. This would be fun to drop the body as-is on an Art Morrison street rod frame with the drivetrain and suspension from a new Hellcat Challenger, leave the canoe on top and go look for some newer cars to embarrass at the stoplight.

bacon.jpg
Big Fat Bacon stand, no bacon candy, but there's bacon on-a-stick.

brisket sandwich.jpg
Famous Dave's brisket sandwich, the pulled pork is good too. They have something called "Pig Lickers", it's chocolate-covered bacon slices. Will have to try those the next time I'm up there.

661.jpg
Stopped by the Stihl display, the reps there that day were pretty good to talk to, and saw a 661 in the flesh. Brisswinger's (spelling?) had a 390xp Husky in their saw display.

tommy gate.jpg
This would be a fun firewood setup. Utility box saw/gas/tool storage with a Tommy Gate lift for the big heavy rounds, although the dumpbox on the 1-ton Dodge dually next to it on the right just out of the picture would be nice too.

m1117.jpg
M1117 ASV would be nice for woodpile protection. Between the M2 .50 cal. and the Mk 19 most firewood thieves would be deterred. I'll post up a few more form the fair in a bit.

This kind of disturbs me........
eeed6ac1b00f7a7f1c935b4b92c9a1df.jpg

Just a heads up that the Blaine "east" Walmart (35W and Lexington ave) is closing around September 22nd as they built a larger store across the highway. Lots of stuff is already marked 50 percent off. I think everything lawn and garden is already marked down. Sorry no Fiskars left.
Tell me about it. I work up Ball Rd from the new store. Road construction for it has effed up my commute for months now, and was supposed to be finished 8-1...what year wasn't mentioned.

Now they're shredding the 97/61 area on the S end of Forest Lake for more damn roundy rounds no one seems to know how to use.

Grizz, safe to say that's the last time we will see you in a Voice chair?

Tell me about it. I work up Ball Rd from the new store. Road construction for it has effed up my commute for months now, and was supposed to be finished 8-1...what year wasn't mentioned.

Now they're shredding the 97/61 area on the S end of Forest Lake for more damn roundy rounds no one seems to know how to use.

Yeah I don't know wth they are doing to take so long at Lex and Ball. It's been torn up for months.

Btw my new house is just off Lake and 35W. If you are ever in need of something just drop me a line.

Yeah I don't know wth they are doing to take so long at Lex and Ball. It's been torn up for months.

Btw my new house is just off Lake and 35W. If you are ever in need of something just drop me a line.

SVK we need to get together with Dieselfitter. We live to close not to. Almost got the truck done. She is running good just need to get the brakes a working. I think they just need to be bled. Trying to find a longer 3/16" wrench so its easier to open and close the bleeder valves. Thinking about welding an extension to my short wrench..............

SVK we need to get together with Dieselfitter. We live to close not to. Almost got the truck done. She is running good just need to get the brakes a working. I think they just need to be bled. Trying to find a longer 3/16" wrench so its easier to open and close the bleeder valves. Thinking about welding an extension to my short wrench..............
I've been wondering when you guys were gonna stop by. Good chance Andy could swing by also.
I got this guy and Larry Menard.

Philbert

View attachment 444545
Uncomfortable cannot begin to describe what it must feel like to wear that outfit in this weather.

There's plenty of roundabouts going in around here, ask me they're a joke, to the point where River Falls should rename itself "Roundabout Falls". As for the Voice chair, yeah, that'll probably be the last time you see me in one. Didn't realize it said "I want you" across the bottom until the person before me pushed the red button on the chair to light it up. Still planning on going back up to the fair this Friday, maybe Saturday too in the morning, depends on the weather and how long I spend up there Friday.

Latest posts

Back