MS 381 parts question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichMich

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Recently bought a Chinese MS381 off aliexpress, and I'm quite happy with it. That thing runs strong, as good as my half Farmertec/half Stihl MS460 and my OEM MS461.

But, I'm trying to get a bunch of OEM parts, and can't find any (looking for a badge, top end, clutch, covers, recoil starter assy and tank mainly). All I find is non OEM parts, and no badge that says STIHL MS381...

Could any of you guys tell me if it still exists any site selling OEM parts for the 381?

Thanks

@Mad Professor, that's not what I'm trying to do, just want to try make it more durable

@buttercup, I know this site, but they unfortunately don't have the parts I'm looking for, none of them...

but thanks to you two!

@Mad Professor, that's not what I'm trying to do, just want to try make it more durable

@buttercup, I know this site, but they unfortunately don't have the parts I'm looking for, none of them...

but thanks to you two!

My OEM 038M still runs fine, it don't have ANY chinesium parts in it. If you want it to last get OEM, not a Chi-Com nock off.

And I've rebuilt a few 038, none with chinesium parts, only 2 with Italian parts, Tecomec. Those were 038S to 038M conversions.

At this point I will not support CHi-Coms for a damm thing!!!! They will rot in hell.

but thanks to you two!

Thats weird, they have most parts but not the major parts like crankcase, crank and cylinder - obviously.

yup, but there's worse, a French supplier told me MS381 doesn't exists
Ah? Ok, that's new...

Back