MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love a ported ms261, I'm looking forward to rereading this thread when I get time

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

MS261 C-M and don't look back. Get'em to throw in an extra RS chain or saw box in the deal...they'll do it...and leave the store a happy M-Tronic camper. Get a 6-pk of Ultra synthetic mix and double the warranty as well.

Clarification, are we talking about a pre M-Tronic saw vs a M-Tronic saw or:

The new M-Tronic 261 vs the previous M-Tronic 261???

The new saw is about 1/2 lb lighter, and I doubt any stores still have non M-Tronic 261s in stock.

Since a 261 will often be used for limbing, I would go with the new - lighter saw if given the choice.

It is about 1/2 lb lighter and has angled fins, and it may be available in some areas (and in Canada).

They made minor improvements to the air box design.

The biggest difference is the wt, the model # remains the same.

It is easily identifiable by the funky looking angled chain cover.

Most dealers will know nothing about it, but new versions of the 261 and 362 are out there, being produced in VA.

I'm aware of a US dealer that have obtained one (I think it was the new 362). The dealers have not rec'd any notifications regarding the new saw, and Stihl will likely try to clear inventory before releasing them.

I'm aware of a US dealer that have obtained one (I think it was the new 362). The dealers have not rec'd any notifications regarding the new saw, and Stihl will likely try to clear inventory before releasing them.

I have seen & held the new 362 at my dealer's. It feels very nice, & is noticeably lighter than the previous model!

If the saw says "C" on the recoil cover, it is a C-M. I think there is some confusion here.
I thought the "c" meant comfort features, so on the pre cm models it could be the quick-stop brake feature. On other models it could be that or easy start or the tool less chain adjuster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back