Ms660 with 6 k products 11 pin rim sprocket today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can not be wrong. That's the lineal measurement of the physical chain. That doesn't change. The sprocket makes one revolution then your 11 pin 3/8, travels (.750 ×11) 8.250" along the bar. There is no error there. That's insanity if you thing otherwise?
When the 572 Husqvarna specs came out some 8 months ago and they claimed it will turn 29.3 m/s
(Metres per second) at 133% of power max speed. So 33% over 100%
9,900 ÷ 33 = 13,168.

I tried with the diameter back then and it didn't work. After thinking about it, I clearly understand why.
Today I tried it the fool proof way and came up with just under 28.3 m/s .
1/29 or 40" error per second. 3%+
All considered, that's pretty close.
7T 7.5 revolution error to the reality I speak of at the top of post.
-----------------------------------------------------
Now your $1,300+ gun is a different story.
8.250" × 1300 RPM = 107250 in/per minute.
Divided by 12
= 8937.5 FPM vs 10640
Different of 1702.5 FPM
We're not done yet!
Divide by 60 = 28.375 ft per second error VS Husqvarna's 40' error per second.

OK, you don't even have to apologize
Just pull head out if your azz and go get your $1300 back.

You are trying to explain math to someone who doesn’t doesn’t believe in the laws of physics.

So why would sum and takeaway rules bother him.
Much less timeses and gazintaz......

You are trying to explain math to someone who doesn’t doesn’t believe in the laws of physics.

So why would sum and takeaway rules bother him.
Much less timeses and gazintaz......
How dare he disregard the laws of physics. That was the guy on 'sid' that said he could fly..lol

You make a real good point.
Like the saying " never argue with an idiot as someone may pass by and not be able to tell who the idiot is. Lol
Anyways...I worked the Husqvarna claims and his claims out for the record 3% VS his approx 17% error from actuality.

How dare he disregard the laws of physics. That was the guy on 'sid' that said he could fly..lol

You make a real good point.
Like the saying " never argue with an idiot as someone may pass by and not be able to tell who the idiot is. Lol
Anyways...I worked the Husqvarna claims and his claims out for the record 3% VS his approx 17% error from actuality.
Do you remember gazintaz?

Do you remember gazintaz?
which time?
that's hilarious!
Had to look that one up. "Goes into"
lol . Yes I covered all the steps. I differed from my usual round off math and got serious and broke out the calculator. Apart from the percentage which I just move zero's
To 10% and 1% and see what happens.. Lol.

which time?
that's hilarious!
Had to look that one up. "Goes into"
lol . Yes I covered all the steps. I differed from my usual round off math and got serious and broke out the calculator. Apart from the percentage which I just move zero's
To 10% and 1% and see what happens.. Lol.
Jethro on the Beverly Hilbillys.
Jed said Jethro could do sum and takeaway pretty well.
And some timeses. But had troubles with gazintaz like
3 gazinta 6 2 times........

I don't think a fluke instruments would be a multi-million dollar business making test equipment if there was no value to their measurements . But keep trying to saw every tool is wrong and the formula doesn't need tweaking . Fluke makes medical test equipment for life savings to electrical equipment elictrician life depends on to mechanical equipment .

I've had some time to refer some data and watch the videos here's some of my logical reflections and thoughts on the data . Engine rpm max neaneasured 13520 rpm. Chain speed measure by fluke instruments stroboscope 820-2 10620 fpm/rpm for .2145 % difference in engine rpm to chain rpm . So if I measure the engine rpm fall as it cuts through the wood I should be able to calculate the chain speed as engine rpm drops in wood . This would tell if a geared chain that drops engine rpm actually cuts in less time with a chain speed higher than one with a slower chain speed that holds engine rpms at peak as some on here suggest.

I don't think a fluke instruments would be a multi-million dollar business making test equipment if there was no value to their measurements . But keep trying to saw every tool is wrong and the formula doesn't need tweaking . Fluke makes medical test equipment for life savings to electrical equipment elictrician life depends on to mechanical equipment .

Ahhhh.....it ain’t the Fluke I’m worried about.......
I was using them before you were born.
So I know it ain’t the Fluke.
Though there may be a fluke involved

Well if you are going to bring logic into it!!!!!!
No one on this site was there when data readings where taken . You are verifying that you can work a formula from this site and come up with the same answer . Thats verifying you did the math right . It by no means mean the formula is correct .

No one on this site was there when data readings where taken . You are verifying that you can work a formula from this site and come up with the same answer . Thats verifying you did the math right . It by no means mean the formula is correct .
Regardless of the data and the calculations/formulas the saw doesn't cut any faster with an 11 pin and a "25" buried in hardwood than it does with an 8 pin, especially with a stock chain, unless that hardwood is a very soft one.

But big numbers are easier to make up than logic.
Physics
There is no phenomena......just physics we don’t understand. So said my mentor.
Brilliant Ol Phart........
So let's use the formula you can't get past being wrong for a second . .75x7pin x13520 engine rpm/12 =5915fpm . So some on here say that a moded saw will cut faster times than a stock saw with a larger sprocket so let's use .75x11 pin x 8600 engine rpm =5912.5 .So explain exactly how the seven pin is going to cut faster times than the 11 pin if engine can stay above 8600 rpms ?

So let's use the formula you can't get past being wrong for a second . .75x7pin x13520 engine rpm/12 =5915fpm . So some on here say that a moded saw will cut faster times than a stock saw with a larger sprocket so let's use .75x11 pin x 8600 engine rpm =5912.5 .So explain exactly how the seven pin is going to cut faster times than the 11 pin if engine can stay above 8600 rpms ?
Are you still here???
We were having such a pleasant time without you.

Your dogged resolution to be right no matter what reminds me of the time they gave the Nobel Prize for Medicine for the Lobotomy

On several levels.

I have not paid any attention to your alleged math.

Do
Not
Care.

After your “flywheel” larger sprocket that isn’t moving making it hard to start blather you lost all credibility and sympathy given to noobies.......

Wait.......you own a Star Trek uniform and spew fluent Klingon I bet........

I’m sorry. That explains everything.

Carry on

(Bless his heart)

Ye
Are you still here???
We were having such a pleasant time without you.

Your dogged resolution to be right no matter what reminds me of the time they gave the Nobel Prize for Medicine for the Lobotomy

On several levels.

I have not paid any attention to your alleged math.

Do
Not
Care.

After your “flywheel” larger sprocket that isn’t moving making it hard to start blather you lost all credibility and sympathy given to noobies.......

Wait.......you own a Star Trek uniform and spew fluent Klingon I bet........

I’m sorry. That explains everything.

Carry on

(Bless his heart)
yep as I thought a fellow who can't explain anything but feels threatened by anyone new so he belittles them that's Stihl 041 .

Ye
yep as I thought a fellow who can't explain anything but feels threatened by anyone new so he belittles them that's Stihl 041 .
Nope. In several fields where proof was needed

You have yet to prove how a non moving part-the 11 tooth sprocket-can drag like a flywheel making your saw harder to pull over and the starter handle to sag.

If the first part of a Theory is false.....why would any thinking man go any farther?

That’s my problem with you. Start the saw with the brake on and you can’t tell if there is a sprocket !!!

So give me one good reason to believe ANYTHING you post.

If the top layer of the stew is moldy.......do ya dig any deeper?

And if you read this you will see I am explaining why you should not be listened to.

Latest posts

Back