need a neighbor or a professional with 70cc chainsaw to cut 40" ash

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyRussian

Reaction score
I need to cut ONE 40" sugar maple tree on my yard and I don't want to buy a larger chainsaw just for this one-time job. If you know someone local or close to Norwalk, CT with a larger chainsaw bar, please ask if this person would be willing to either rent me the saw or offer help. I would also consider reasonably-priced professional help.

Thank you.

Sounds like a 80 yr old friend of mine. Large dead oak next to his house. Not experienced in chainsaws, or felling trees, and that tree needed a professional, which he couldn't afford. He kept mentioning that tree in his prayers, as he's a devout Christian. One day on his way home from town his old truck died, and he pulled off the highway. Another truck pulled in behind him , and a young man offered to help. He towed my friend home, and as they were shaking hands, the young man noticed, and brought up the subject of the big old dead tree. Then, he stated he was a professional arborist, and he'd be glad to help the old man out.

Great story! Like it a lot. I will start praying today ;-)

Pretty much correct. Except I was cutting 90-100 feet tall pines for years, then moved to the city where i had zero trees in my apartment, so the saw and other power equipment was sold... Now that I need to cut 1 tree it's on the border between spending $700 for equipment and paying about the same if not more to cut it by professional.

My next door neighbor's chainsaw does not have juice for 20" bar...

Solution found: a recommended license pro will put the tree down at reasonable cost and I'll do the rest: cleaning, cutting off brunches and logs, chipping and I'll have enough money saved to get a new 550XP to have fun with ;-) I set on 18" bar to chew through massive trunk, otherwise, I'd get 16" bar for firewood. Thank you all!

Latest posts

Back