need help tuning titan 57

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snow1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a titan 57 that I have had since new. I stopped using it 4-5 years ago. I planned on reusing it again this year but oil lines were cracked. I replaced all fuel and oil lines, cleaned air filter, gave it a new spark plug and it started fine. Took it in the woods and found it would bog when going from idle to open throttle. Idle speed was ok, maybe a bit fast. I tried to adjust carb to get bog out of it. I made it worse and then it would not run or start. I tried putting H/L screws all the way in and backing them out a bit and try starting, continued process but did not work. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this saw and could help me out on the approximate starting point for all the carb screws. I have been doing my own adjustments for 25 years but this has me baffled. Any help would be great, thanks.

I have a titan 57 that I have had since new. I stopped using it 4-5 years ago. I planned on reusing it again this year but oil lines were cracked. I replaced all fuel and oil lines, cleaned air filter, gave it a new spark plug and it started fine. Took it in the woods and found it would bog when going from idle to open throttle. Idle speed was ok, maybe a bit fast. I tried to adjust carb to get bog out of it. I made it worse and then it would not run or start. I tried putting H/L screws all the way in and backing them out a bit and try starting, continued process but did not work. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this saw and could help me out on the approximate starting point for all the carb screws. I have been doing my own adjustments for 25 years but this has me baffled. Any help would be great, thanks.
Check your inbox for a small clymer service manual for the Titan 50 and 57. Gives carb settings.

Back