New Dolmar!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nnero

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well, newly acquired that is. Got it for free and it's not quite all there. But it was made in West Germany, is 68cc and has good spark. That will have to do for now until I get pics. Should be another fun project that I'll document like my 7900 thread.

Ha I know I hate leaving them that way but off the floor space is limited at the moment. The dehumidifier works well and the floor doesnt sweat. The two dolmars will be gone this week so at least they won't be there long.

The hardest part is gonna be finding a clutch covr and chain brake I think. The piston has some scoring but I think I'll clean it up best I can and put new rings on. All three tank/handles are far from perfect but I should be able to get one serviceable

The hardest part is gonna be finding a clutch covr and chain brake I think. The piston has some scoring but I think I'll clean it up best I can and put new rings on. All three tank/handles are far from perfect but I should be able to get one serviceable

Maybe check with Nate(fordf150) on the parts. He seems to have a really good supply.

I will check with him. I don't know about parts availabilities for these saws but it looks like parts from many models over many years would work. The rubber mats are a good idea!

If it's a regular 120 and not a super or an si it's closer to 60 cc's and not 68. I have a regular 120 and an si. The 120 is nice for a 60 cc saw but a little heavy IMO. I tend to grab the si more often because it's the same weight size/but a little more power. Either way, it's a score !

I think it may be the black actually. The other two that I'm working on are dolman ps6000 and have red handle. If I can find a back handle cheap I'll get it. I want to be original looking and the three spares I have are each messed up in a different way lol

Wow thanks! That's perfect Lol. I am really looking forward to this project. It may take a while to piece every thing together but that's part of the fun. These saws are so simple!

Ohhh that's nice!! So it was supposed to have the black handle then. Is that tank magnesium? These sure are some sharp saws. Mine won't look like that lol. The other saw in my the pics, a ps6000 runs really good and sounds mean too. I assume these are similar. It seemed strong for 61 cc

Latest posts

Back