New Dolmar!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look whats coming from 166! I decided to go with the newer style tank vent and the price on the NOS tank was too good to pass up. I know its for a heated handle but Ill just tape the wire. Also got a chain catch and spike for my 6100 (not shown). Now im excited again.2015-07-07 00.21.34.jpg

Got the new handle from 166 on. This one is nos and has the newer style vent and pulse line. I also got the corresponding carb cover. Also got a carb kit to put in it, new chain catch and outside spike. Statighened the brake handle as well.
20150725_152356.jpg 20150725_152407.jpg 20150725_152420.jpg 20150725_152550.jpg

Finally got it together and started but am having some trouble getting to it run right. Ill be taking the carb back off. It looked clean so I didnt do much with it. Hopefully that changes things. Ill also be looking for a clutch (or shoes) in the future, since they are getting worn. Will update pics w/ bar and chain later. Thanks for looking.

Checked carb over, cleaned and put a new kit in. Hopefully that will fix things. Seals and everything looked good so hopefully it's not an air leak. Put the new bar and chain on for the pics. Hopefully it'll run good enough to wear the stencil off the bar quickly lol! I'll try again tomorrow
20151016_163547.jpg 20151016_163709.jpg

Figured out why it wouldn't run right. I had the injection nozzle and "choke" lever hooked up wrong. So it was getting way too much fuel. Made me feel like a moron. It's all good now and she runs and starts like a champ. This things nasty! Has a great exhaust note and idle too. I'm hoping to give it a real workout on Friday since I'm off.

Latest posts

Back