New Dolmar!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I assumed because they used the same case halves that the cranks would be the same. I'll look in to it some more. Thanks!

Well I just took the cylinder off and measured the piston with a caliper. I have the 49mm piston which makes it a super. My cylinder and piston are good. I was just wondering if I could upgrade easily but now there is no need. Already have everything else I need sourced, just waiting for the parts to trickle in now.

The piston ended up being only OK. Having a good light makes a difference haha. I was gonna just order new caber rings but ended up ordering a new meteor piston and rings. The cylinder can be cleaned up by hand. Should see some real progress by the weekend.

Got the handle/tank on today. Put new fuel filter in as well and hooked up oil line. I don't have the correct length hardware yet. I can only get Allen head screws at ace which is annoying. Maybe I'll try to order some online eventually because I hate mismatched hardware. Once the piston comes in I can make real progress. The bottom right screw on the recoil can't be used because the threaded part on the case is broken off
20150602_163504.jpg 20150602_163538.jpg

Got the handle/tank on today. Put new fuel filter in as well and hooked up oil line. I don't have the correct length hardware yet. I can only get Allen head screws at ace which is annoying. Maybe I'll try to order some online eventually because I hate mismatched hardware. Once the piston comes in I can make real progress. The bottom right screw on the recoil can't be used because the threaded part on the case is broken off

Look at the tag on the floor of the rear handle it may have the CC's posted!!! oh and the broken bolt hole!!! that is what devcon or belzona super metal is for

Well the handle is from a different saw. I can make out 120 on the data plate on the crankcase. When I measured the piston it was 49mm which puts it at 68cc. 49 is also stamped in the Mahle cylinder. This thing is gonna be a mutt, with parts from at least 4 saws lol

Well the handle is from a different saw. I can make out 120 on the data plate on the crankcase. When I measured the piston it was 49mm which puts it at 68cc. 49 is also stamped in the Mahle cylinder. This thing is gonna be a mutt, with parts from at least 4 saws lol

Also called Frankensaw. ;)

;)
Frankensaw sounds a lot better.

Yes - but it would be interesting to know how the difference in stroke was handled, if the case and crank is from a streight 120...

For all I know the case may be the same, and only the con rod different? I really have no idea?

Well the case crank piston and cylinder came off the same saw. Which had the 49mm piston and cylinder. Which means this was a 120 super from the start, I hope haha. The saw was run alomg time like that so i would feel safe assuming its the right stroke for that piston and cylinder. I was asking about swapping cylinders before i actually looked closely at what i had. I would also assume it would be the rod that was different. Ill put a list up of what came from what saw tommorrow.

Looks like you have a 120Si. The 030 on the serial number plate is for the 120Si Series. A 029 would be a 116Si.

Does it have the Injection carburetor?

Thanks. I dont actually know haha. Ill post pics of the carb tomorrow. All i know is its a tilosten at the moment. So technically i have the wrong handle on it? I like how this one looks better though. I know very little about this series saw and probably should have done a little more research before diving in lol. What was the order these were produced? 120-120 super-120si? Thanks again

Latest posts

Back