New Dolmar!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The PS-6000i is the 60cc version of the 68cc PS-6800i but they look identical on the outside.

The 116Si is the 60cc version of the 68cc 120Si but they look identical.

You're 120Si takes the orange handle gas tank and not the black handle.

Thanks! Will the black handle tank make any difference other than looks? The plastic tanks I have each have there own issues. On the best one, two of the brass threaded inserts for the av mounts are gone.

Thanks. I dont actually know haha. Ill post pics of the carb tomorrow. All i know is its a tilosten at the moment. So technically i have the wrong handle on it? I like how this one looks better though. I know very little about this series saw and probably should have done a little more research before diving in lol. What was the order these were produced? 120-120 super-120si? Thanks again
You might be better off with that handle, my super has the thru the tank wall primer bulb set up and they are getting harder to find,, should have bought ten of them when I found them last time as they tend to leak there,,,,, I found a carcass one on the trading post that does not have the primer bulb set up just have to figure out how to re-plumb the carb or replace with a non bulb type if the doner saw turns out to be a 61 cc unit

The PS-6000i is the 60cc version of the 68cc PS-6800i but they look identical on the outside.
The 116Si is the 60cc version of the 68cc 120Si but they look identical.
You're 120Si takes the orange handle gas tank and not the black handle.

Hey Steve sent you a PM, any Ideas on my 120 super Fuel tank delima?? Sorry not trying to Hijack the OP's thread

There is a guy in Austrailia making Dolmar peel and stick decals. Don't know what he all has... I'll try and look him up for you.

Just for fun... There is a 6800i Makita in the middle of the below pic with a TSB on it. Rare bird to find. 166 might know more but I think the 6000i/6800i line was just ending when Makita bought dolmar so not many blue makita's of this vintage made it to the US. I could be wrong about this timeline though. I need a better "family pic of my dolly's and kita's together too. I have been buying and hoarding the the Dolkita's if you couldn't tell. Better be careful or you'll start hunting for a 9000/9010 next! 166 probably knows the interchangeability of the 120/116/120si etc top ends to crankcases but didn't see the answer..? From my recollection the 120-120super top ends could interchange but not with the 120si and 6800i top ends. Don't know if there was a crank change or what???

I had a great conversion on the phone with 166 yesterday. He was very helpful considering some weirdo from the internet called after 5pm asking questions about obsolete parts on a 25+ yr old chainsaw lol. But in all seriousness it was great and cleared up a lot of things for me. I'll be having some goodies from him on the way at some point as well.

I had a great conversion on the phone with 166 yesterday. He was very helpful considering some weirdo from the internet called after 5pm asking questions about obsolete parts on a 25+ yr old chainsaw lol. But in all seriousness it was great and cleared up a lot of things for me. I'll be having some goodies from him on the way at some point as well.
After 5:00.......
Shoot, he hasn't even had lunch yet.
That guy is a night owl.

Cleaned up cylinder and installed new meteor piston. Found some threaded inserts from fastenal so I could use the plastic tank which is the correct one. Got the rest of it all back together and cleaned the carb. We will see if she fires tomorrow. 20150614_151103.jpg20150614_151126.jpg

Well we have some issues. While I was putting fuel in the tank it started running out the carb. Gotta get back in there I guess. I cleaned the carb best I could. I'll check the metering lever and get carb kit. The diaphragm was a little stiff but seemed like it would work. This saw originally had the tank vent with the long line that exited by the cylinder. The tank I out on had the vent with one nipple and the fabric coated line. Maybe that's an issue? I left it alone for the night and put the ac in the bedroom window instead lol

Now that I'm laying here in bed I can't remember if i made sure the diaphragm was actually hooked to the metering lever when I put it back together. Ugh

Latest posts

Back