New Husqvarna burned up using factory premix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow with all these posts, why didnt anyone address the elephant in rhe room? (Unless i missed it)
Why would you buy a POS 440 in the first place? Especially when tou said you have a bunch of Stihl's. Sounds like a slight case of CAD to me.

562XP is Auto-Tune. Some have been found to have air leaks.
Wow! Looks like I got lost somewhere! For some reason I thought the problem saw was a 562XP. WhenI saw 440 in another post, I went back to page 1 & found out this was not the case, so delete my comments about 562 & AT. They do not apply here. Sorry Lone Wolf. Tuning could certainly have been the problem.

For what its worth, here is my similar story about a lowes husqy saw. Back in 2014ish I went out and bought a 435 husqy. Figured it would be nice for light work around the house, and the wife would use it. Husqy had the buy 4 cans of pre mix get 4 years warranty deal going on at the time. I bought the cans of fuel, showed the wife how to start it, where the fuel and oil went and off to the races. She was trimming up a small pine tree (lower limbs that hit her when she mowed.) When I heard the saw scream lean, then die. Went to see what she did, figured she ran it out of fuel. Nope half a tank in it. I messed with it for a bit and said nope, it's going back. Lowes guy laughed me out of the store. So I ran over to my local dealer. Explained what had happened and he gave me the you straight gassed it story. I laughed, handed him the receipt, can of gas, and pointed out how much business he gets from me, and work. They decided to take a look at it. Here the engine wasnt sealing properly around the crank end plate. There was an area with basically no sealer on it that was blow out. They fixed it, free of charge. I ended up giving that saw away to a friend, as I didnt trust it anymore. Hes still running it. Lesson learned. I get my new stuff from the dealer and pay the few extra bucks, knowing they got my back when something goes wrong.

Took a 435? in trade. Maybe a 135, don't remember exactly. It was junk from the beginning, I did a few things and got sick of it. Gave it to another member here who knows way more than me, he got it running in no time. I replaced it with an 034 and haven't looked back.

I bought a new husqvarna 440 along with some HV premix gas/oil at local Lowes. The saw quit within 30 mins and is seized up. P&C are toast. Local chainsaw repair place tested specific gravity of husqvarna premix and said it was waay too lean on oil. What are my options? Will HV replace this saw? No one answers at the main support number. Been on hold for hours.
Same experience here. I purchased a Husqvarna 450 along with a case of Husqvarna premix from Lowes on 3/26/2020. I used about half the case of premix over a period of 5 months. I shaked the can each time I refilled. The 450 was getting harder to start until it would not start at all. I took it to the authorized Husqvarna warranty service location near me. The service manager thinks the Husky premix fuel killed the chainsaw. I think he may be right since my Toro weedeater sounded like it was going to blow up until I swapped the Husky premix with gas + manually mixed 2 stroke. The local warranty service location has been fighting with Husqvarna to get a replacement for two months. The warranty service location told me other equipment has shown up with the same problem. I think Husqvarna knows they have batches of defective premix circulating in the market. Their strategy at this point seems to be slow walking warranty claims to keep it from getting too public. I'm fighting to get Husqvarna to honor their warranty. I'll never use their premix again.

Back