New show on National Geographic Thursdays at 9pm.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty much over this show. I know there is very little reality in the show but I would pay big bucks to know the truth and how they actually shoot the show. I see things that don't add up but some of the stuff they do just is not even laughable. I would bet most of what I have that the pine tree that fell on the house was cut in a manner so it would fall on the house. I know it is not even worth getting worked up over but it is embarassing to watch.

Love your post's! I bet you do not believe in Santa,,thank's for the reality check.
Jeff :)

Nope. Never did. I certainly never sat on Santa's lap, and I always knew who I had to suck up to to get presents...my parents.

My mother was a god-fearing woman that never, ever allowed for any of that "Santa" nonsense. I don't remember it ever coming up when I was little, but I don't think any of my friends believed in that foolishness either. If they did, I'm pretty sure that I blew that little myth wide open for them. :laugh:

Christmas eve was always the same: go to the church Christmas Eve program, then head home to open the goodies. If there was something too big to wrap up, my dad would have set it out. He never went with us to church.

You must not be in the business if you support this show.....I know it is there to get ratings but it represents the good side of the business in a bad way.
I am very much in the business and I do support the show , the only guys I have seen that hate on have a few skeletons in there closets and slightly hypocritical ! Just saying .

That dude on the advance rigging company team, you know the one with the squeaky little voice that sounds like a duck. He is annoying, if he was on my crew I'd duck tape him to a tree and leave.

I also gotta call out that prick that runs the crane. I know it is staged with the funny guy riding around the golf cart and golf clap etc. pisses off the op...but the skinny pathetic lead he dropped in the pond and blamed the funny guy...he'd be getting some knuckle lunch from yours truly if he fired me for just the yanking part of total his fault as the boss said not to drop in the lake...

And why the OCD boss can't let a little branch drop in his pond and fish it out.? Send that skinny crane twerp back in the crane and let him wait it out and drink coffee with his spindly legs crossed like usual... while the real tree guys (are there any lol) do the td....aaaaand why they bring the crano anyhoo...just for sho not for dough!

How bout that exaggerated Christmas tree Teddy did for his first TD too. lol...this show is a riot.

I am very much in the business and I do support the show , the only guys I have seen that hate on have a few skeletons in there closets and slightly hypocritical ! Just saying .
You support the show....ok....but do you think it is realistic???? I would say there is a better than 50% chance of something going wrong or someone getting hurt in each job. How could anyone in the tree service industry stay in business if they had that type of record. I have nothing to hide in my closet and I discuss most of my mishaps on this site or other ones. I try to learn from my mistakes and I always try to do the safest thing possible. I understand they edit and stage the show for dramatic purposes but I question any true professional tree guy as being happy with the way our profession is portrayed. But, then again...I always strived to be better than the rest.

I for 1 like the show, but i liked Nosak much better. { no acting just real s*** imo} Anyway I don't understand why everyone thinks this gives us tree companies such a bad name. In my area tree companies drop tree on homes by accident, Cut down power lines with falling trees, show up drunk at customers homes and leave the beer cans in the bushes like the customer wont find them later. I know one that their grapple truck leaks so much hydro oil that grass will never grow again where it was parked. What i am saying is if your service area is anything like mine ( and i bet it is ) and full of Hacks the damage was done long before the show ever started.

Da fuq you don't like the show ... There's like 300 other ficking channels ! I mean what the **** , the new America is I gotta appreciate everyone's else opinions forced upon me ! ******* it is it just me ?

You don't have to appreciate anything....it is your choice. You can only be bothered by it if you give a ****....lol

I also gotta call out that prick that runs the crane. I know it is staged with the funny guy riding around the golf cart and golf clap etc. pisses off the op...but the skinny pathetic lead he dropped in the pond and blamed the funny guy...he'd be getting some knuckle lunch from yours truly if he fired me for just the yanking part of total his fault as the boss said not to drop in the lake...

And why the OCD boss can't let a little branch drop in his pond and fish it out.? Send that skinny crane twerp back in the crane and let him wait it out and drink coffee with his spindly legs crossed like usual... while the real tree guys (are there any lol) do the td....aaaaand why they bring the crano anyhoo...just for sho not for dough!

How bout that exaggerated Christmas tree Teddy did for his first TD too. lol...this show is a riot.
vet.....you have a good take on the show....good to see

I agree....if he had a proper notch and good back cut....the tree lands in the grass......and what is the big deal with it going in the pond. As for the guy getting fired....he needed to go....why show up if you are not going to work???? If you are hurt and can't give 50%...stay at home....but I would have let him go after he got out of the boat if he was on my crew....hell....he would have been gone before the show started...I am guessing

I've been here for years.

I also gotta call out that prick that runs the crane.

...and I meant that in the nicest way possible John H. You look like a good crane op and carry yourself like a good foreman...even tho you may be a prick. I see this show as a sit com and it is hard to visualize the reality of it, like you being a real person and not an actor.

Back