New show on National Geographic Thursdays at 9pm.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched last night episode. Lots of staged stuff buy still funny. The house all season dropped the tree on looked lime it was forclosed on.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I only got to watch the last five min when the guy fell in the pool.

Yeah that house looked abandoned. That deal tho, where that guy got hit, fckme, that was no joke, had he been a foot to the left, he would be jacked up. I went back and watched it several times, the whole thing was dicked up. If they did that for a cool shot, I hope that idiot got paid, if not, someone up there needs to show those guys whats up. If that is how they really do ****, they suck and its no wonder why they only do easy trees. Not that that one was real hard, just a bad spot for running material out.

Watched that too, that guys cuts and rigging were all wrong. I don't think that was staged and if it was then he is crazy for putting himself in that situation for the sake of entertainment.

Wonder what they will do next season if there is one? Stage a crane topple?

Even my wife was like "WTF". I don't think it was set up either, but ya never know with this show. Being such "pro's" and all, cant see how they couldn't see a bad thing about to happen unless they let it go for filming or they really have no clue. Probably a mixture of both. Either way, that dude could have been hurt real bad and no matter if it was set up or not, both scenarios show that they are idiots. Nick was fired, but was at the season finale party at the local bar with all 4 company's, still wearing Tree Tech! Notice how Tree Techs antics are much milder than the rest?

I don't think the lowered piece they didn't drop below his feet and it swung around and hit him was staged either. Could have easily resulted in broken ribs or worse.

You know they have 4 or 5 dudes removing a tree that I could easily remove in the same time with 2 guys and a dingo and dump chipper and bc2000, my crane and bucket. 5 guys 8 hours at say $90. (I like to get $120. per man min) per man hr. That's $3600. per day tree removal? No way they are getting that with all the companies saturating the area up there.

That guy Marquis buys that giant crane when he already has a big crane...come on...how do you ever pay for that thing? I saw them looking for crane work on face book from people that subscribed to them. Tree work just doesn't pay THAT good with all the comp. around. I can see the cranes with a giant co. like Felix'es co. (Tree Tec) probably developed over decades and decades by his dad and then him with help from being the NAA/TCIA president.

Back