New show on National Geographic Thursdays at 9pm.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched it on dvr. Really surprised with tree tech in this episode,they are playing the "super safe" role in this tree drama show but they didnt use a bucket truck on the pine tree in the primaries.
I really enjoy watching all American, those guys are having the most fun with this whole tv show thing
looks like american climbers is also in the lead as far as osha violations! by the looks of their crane removal videos, the crane builders should hire them to cycle to failure the products they make. forget the fancy strain gauge applications, just shock load the hell out of them with snap cuts and wildly flipping loads. if we loose a few climbers in the process?

I agree, the show seems to be getting much better, much less drama than the first shows, can't get over all the
nice equipment, don't see any like that down here, and they sure do cut the stumps low, i would not have had
to buy my 660 if they did that here, will keep watching unless it goes the way of ax men.....

Bob.....:givebeer:
because the producers pay them royally, they all have new gear, new clothes that match, and they stage and script everything for the show. not for the efficient, profitable removal of trees...hell, half the trees could be just dropped....:popcorn::popcorn:

I beleive, but not sure, that I read, somewhere, that during production of television or movies, that they get a "pass" on OSHA and any and all regs of that nature, this applies to anyone doing filming for entertainment. Again, not sure but........pretty sure. Not that it makes what they do OK. But I think the reason why they don't get shut down. Look at axe men and all the near misses that they set up. At first, they guys probably tell the producers to get bent, then the producers open up their wallet. I would like to see someone actually climb, spiking up big trunks and making big cuts is nutin special. Like to see one of them climb out on a branch for once.

True! But I think they pull filming permits. I am sure they had to go thru Bostons film board, or wadever dey call it, but I do see ur point! Smash a house "its OK,we filming for a what not to do vid"

Nosak basically got shut down by pressure from the trade associations such as ISA and TCIA, to the networks. But prior to that it was all the safety police on the forums pressuring them. This whole scenario looks fatally similar to the Nosak show shutdown. Or eventually all the crews become squeeky clean and nopity watches :-( bye bye time anyway.

Yeah, there is a huge argument going on Facebook with American Climbers, they posted a vid of a dude riding a pic down and people are going nuts.

Yeah, there is a huge argument going on Facebook with American Climbers, they posted a vid of a dude riding a pic down and people are going nuts.

you would think if the producers are going to pay for a million dollar crane, they could chip in a buy the guy a hardhat with a strap,hearing protection,and a rope bag so he doesn't hang his rope up as the crane swings him thru the brush. destined for failure as they jack the show up.

Last edited:
The funny thing about that is alot of the guys that are arguing are the ones that wrote the article in tree care industry magazine. Yet in the magazine nothing was mentioned about tree tech. That could be because someone from tree tech is on tree care industrys board. Names listed just the the right of the article.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Watching the last episode and seems like you always see coop with tree tech cutting picks with only a flip line around the tree. Where is his second tie in point. Where is his chaps when cutting down the last piece of the truck from the ground

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Nosak basically got shut down by pressure from the trade associations such as ISA and TCIA, to the networks. But prior to that it was all the safety police on the forums pressuring them. This whole scenario looks fatally similar to the Nosak show shutdown. Or eventually all the crews become squeeky clean and nopity watches :-( bye bye time anyway.
Speaking of Nosak, i liked his show better. That guy was wide open, i mean get that **** done and now. I worked for someone like that before, all business. Hopefully Big Bad Wood wont get kicked off because a bunch of stuck up assholes are worrying about someone besides themselves. O, if you all haven't heard the climber from the Nosak crew- Josh Nosak got 70, yes 70 years in the state pen for killing a lady in a DUI crash.

Back