Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in '76, I rode a Z1B Kawasaki from Santa Rosa to Crescent City in 4 hours 30 minutes, including two gas stops.

that's funny right there

Pittsburgh? Isn't that where The Mecca restaurant is? I remember they had really good burrito's.

dnno all i know about pittsburgh is one of many places i go where i wish i was able to carry at work...

Pittsburgh? Isn't that where The Mecca restaurant is? I remember they had really good burrito's.

Haven't been there (at least not that I remember). Don't think I've been to a restaurant in Pittsburg in 15 years. I do remember a greasy spoon called Hazels. They had a MONSTER burger called the "Willy Burger". Was as big as a dinner plate, and came with a sepperate plateful of fries. Used to race my buddy to see who could finish first. I couldn't get 1/2 way through that if you paid me now. 19 is different than 39 (and today's my birthday.....yay).:msp_unsure:

Haven't been there (at least not that I remember). Don't think I've been to a restaurant in Pittsburg in 15 years. I do remember a greasy spoon called Hazels. They had a MONSTER burger called the "Willy Burger". Was as big as a dinner plate, and came with a sepperate plateful of fries. Used to race my buddy to see who could finish first. I couldn't get 1/2 way through that if you paid me now. 19 is different than 39 (and today's my birthday.....yay).:msp_unsure:

wait your 10 years older then me, and your b-day is 10days after mine????:dizzy:

Back in '76, I rode a Z1B Kawasaki from Santa Rosa to Crescent City in 4 hours 30 minutes, including two gas stops.

Randy,
Further proof that you are a Bad A##.

I went to College in Chico, but grew up in Walnut Creek. This was during the mid to late 80's when 505 was still 55mph, I was rolling in my 72 El Camino at 100-110mph on a misty weekday morning with no traffic. This allowed me to spy the CHP cruiser wayyyyyy back in my rearview, I dropped it down to 60mph, he finally caught up, and pulled me over. He asked how fast I was going, and I told him about 70 cause my El Camino won't do much more. He said, "son do you realize it took me over 4 miles to catch up to you?"..........he wrote me up for 64mph.......

Randy wouldn't have got caught................

Randy,
Further proof that you are a Bad A##.

I went to College in Chico, but grew up in Walnut Creek. This was during the mid to late 80's when 505 was still 55mph, I was rolling in my 72 El Camino at 100-110mph on a misty weekday morning with no traffic. This allowed me to spy the CHP cruiser wayyyyyy back in my rearview, I dropped it down to 60mph, he finally caught up, and pulled me over. He asked how fast I was going, and I told him about 70 cause my El Camino won't do much more. He said, "son do you realize it took me over 4 miles to catch up to you?"..........he wrote me up for 64mph.......

Randy wouldn't have got caught................

Mosquitos refuse to bite RandyMac..........purely out of respect.

His words would break a lesser man's jaw.

If he was to hit you, you'd have to overcome the urge to thank him.

He is...the most interesting man in the world.

pabst-blue-ribbon-pbr-200025.jpg

"I don't always drink beer.....................but when I do, I drink PBR".:D

Aaron,
Are you gonna ask if he's allergic to ether, too?

He's a bit too far to do the 'snatch and grab' thing (unlike you). Also, the same snow that'd prevent him from coming down for the GTG would also hinder an opperation such as that. Don't think there'll be enough snow in the Sierra Foothills to keep you safe. That reminds me.......................do your wrists chafe easily?:D

He's a bit too far to do the 'snatch and grab' thing (unlike you). Also, the same snow that'd prevent him from coming down for the GTG would also hinder an opperation such as that. Don't think there'll be enough snow in the Sierra Foothills to keep you safe. That reminds me.......................do your wrists chafe easily?:D

Not if the duct tape is turned around.

Tell him the truth Jon. It hasn't snowed where you live for 50 years! Mike

We are thinking about it. Gas prices and weather will affect my decision. November is a wicked weather month in the Great Mildewed PNW.

So, this is maybe going to be at a state park with showers and all? No Manson Family members close by?
The Wine Country is a spendy place.

slowp check Allegiant Air and see if they servw whatever airport is close to you. It may be cheaper to fly into Oakland and I could pick you up.

Alaska Airlines flys direct from Seattle to Santa Rosa for reasonable price. Anyone of a bunch of us could ferry folks to the park & campground, or other lodging. It's a matter of working the logistics and hooking folks up :)

slowp check Allegiant Air and see if they servw whatever airport is close to you. It may be cheaper to fly into Oakland and I could pick you up.

Thanks. but I like to drive. The cookies and pie might become lost baggage! I also have friends nearby that should be visited. If there is snow, I can get to 101 and not deal with it. Notice there is no THE in front of 101. :msp_biggrin:

Horizon went off the runway on the last trip I went on it. A rather relaxing trip off the runway, but the reaction of the crew was not impressive.

Back