Not happy with hutzl...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of rings did you use? I’m curious because this happened to a guy who put caber rings in a chrome cylinder. I guess the hardness of the ring was too much for the chrome and did about the same damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a hutzl p/c kit. Hutzl piston and ring. I had to put the stock 268 open port cylinder back on

Hyway should do you fine. Not sure if others make a 272 kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a straight up defect. Very disappointed. I sent them a email hopefully something can be done

that's definitely one of the worst plating fails i ever seen but don't worry, they'll send it in your next order lol i'm just flat out avoiding hutzl like the plague from now on. would be interesting to see if your connecting rod shows some marks and a blued big end like mine did.

What kind of rings did you use? I’m curious because this happened to a guy who put caber rings in a chrome cylinder. I guess the hardness of the ring was too much for the chrome and did about the same damage.

Maybe I need clarification on this. I have bought Caber I-cast rings on ebay from dandrikop in Greece. Here's the blurb:
"Our Piston Rings are branded and come directly from the top-quality and
worldwide-known OEM Manufacturer CABER.
Our Piston Rings are made from I-Cast Iron with high bending strength according to
ISO STD 6621-3:1990 and DIN 70909."

and:
"Note: See our relevant listing for high wear-resistant, non-chromium coated piston rings for chromium,
or nikasil-coated aluminum cylinders. These after-market piston rings are made from the new F-Cast Iron
material of CABER and are available for the STIHL models listed above.

Aren't the I-cast rings easier on the cylinder?

Absolutely rediculous that forsure.

that's definitely one of the worst plating fails i ever seen but don't worry, they'll send it in your next order lol i'm just flat out avoiding hutzl like the plague from now on. would be interesting to see if your connecting rod shows some marks and a blued big end like mine did.
No discoloring on the connecting rod. Most of the plating that came off stayed pretty much I. The cylinder and on the piston. We will see just what they say whenever they email me back. I'll be curious. Not that ill want to put another one of there cylinders on but thats not the point...

Absolutely rediculous that forsure.
No discoloring on the connecting rod. Most of the plating that came off stayed pretty much I. The cylinder and on the piston. We will see just what they say whenever they email me back. I'll be curious. Not that ill want to put another one of there cylinders on but thats not the point...

I get the feeling that they won't care. It's not part of their business philosophy. I've heard that if you make trouble for them they cancel your account and move on to the next willing customer.

I get the feeling that they won't care. It's not part of their business philosophy. I've heard that if you make trouble for them they cancel your account and move on to the next willing customer.
I don't care, after this b.s. why wouldni want anything more from them any way. Whatever I'll see what they say anyway

Latest posts

Back