Not happy with hutzl...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I buy from Huztl, I always do so on ebay. It gives you an arbitrator when things go south. You can threaten a negative that they can't just remove. I've asked them how would they like this feedback? "Item defective. Customer service won't make good on sale. Avoid this seller." Refund came in 2 days.
That's the way to do it for sure if you are going to buy from them in the first place but after reading all the horror stories on here I won't be, ever.

Wow thats ridiculous. They should have just refunded your money and if they really cared would pay shipping to have it back to see what went wrong so they could correct it.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
They(Hutzl) don`t care unless its going to affect them in a very big way, one angry customer does not affect them enough to make them care, go viral like giving them very negative feedback on eBay that will affect them grossly and their tune soon changes.

They(Hutzl) don`t care unless its going to affect them in a very big way, one angry customer does not affect them enough to make them care, go viral like giving them very negative feedback on eBay that will affect them grossly and their tune soon changes.
Best strategy so far! If a bunch of people followed through with that soon it would make a difference. Do it.

Please excuse my ignorance but, what is viral?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well this was unexpected .....
I received a 372 cylinder that didn't have the decomp tapped and one ring broken.
I sent a pic and they sent me a new kit piston etc.
Plus 2 extra pistons
I bought a tap and fixed the first one lol
They are very slow with communication

Well this is a complete turnaround from their NORMAL business practice. I wonder if they actually read this post and are in damage control?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We have a Huztl informant on here, you won`t see many posts from him as he would likely take quite a pounding in threads like this...;)

After buying literally hundreds of items, I have all but stopped buying parts from Huztl/Machinesdoctor since they wouldn't do anything about an MS660 case they sent me that had corrosion on it. They insisted it was just "lacquer" overspray and not corrosion. Even though I tried patiently explaining to them that being a licensed aircraft mechanic for more than 30 years I was qualified and experienced enough to be able to tell the difference between corrosion and overspray. They insisted I try wiping it off with some solvent which I finally tried, just to appease them, and of course it didn't do anything. (and I knew it wouldn't) Long story short, nothing ever happened with it. They stuck to their overspray story and I put the part on the shelf where it still is. What I wanted was for them to get the part back so their engineers could figure out how it got corroded in the first place and how to keep it from happening again. And then to send me one that wasn't corroded. By the time I spent all the time communicating, taking and sending pictures, having additional online discussions, trying their solvent wipe down, etc. I would have been better off just putting it in the scrap bin from the start. I think that is their motive lately, ie, just wear the person down to where they say, "Ah, heck with it" and move on. Early on, I had excellent customer service from them but it gradually deteriorated to the point where I no longer will buy from them except on the rare occasion.

Why would it be any different ,the new part?

The problem with the AM parts is consistancy. The chances of getting a bad one are much higher than OEM. This was obviously one of the bad ones. The majority of them will probably work just fine. But this is the risk that is involved when buying these inexpensive parts; it kind of goes with the territory. Can't expect OEM level support at these bargain prices.

Have a story of my own on a farmertec 272 kit. I think it only cost me about $15. Have a logger that loves to run the old 2 series Huskys; 266's, 272's and such. So I told him I was curious to see how well one of these kits would hold up in regular use, so we decided to put it on an old saw chassis that he had. On the negative side, the cylinder skirt was too thick and it woudln't even fit in the crankcase of the saw. No biggie, we can fix that with a depth gauge file. Took a little material off until it fit. On the positive side, it ran great and is still running. It's his "beat up ride in the back of the skidder saw"; uses it a couple times a week.

Yes, it should fit out of the box without having to file it. But this is some of the reality that exists with these parts. Not suggesting the OP shouldn't be disappointed, but if you are going to mess with these parts, and at these prices, you have to accept that there will be some shortcomings now and then.

True Bob....some fitting may be required....but to have the plating sluff off like so much silver paint is beyond a measuring oversight. I have a 44.3mm? 346 P&C I bought just out of curiosity from them a year or so ago for $12 or $15.00 but the plating looked so splotchy and poor I haven't used it...perhaps a beat old 350 will come along for free for me to try it on....certainly not going risk it on a 346XP....

Yes, I agree. The plating mess wasn't anything that an end user could have corrected. I also don't think Huztl handled it all that poorly. Nothing wrong with asking for a little documentation, and sending a second cylinder was the right thing to do. Hopefully he'll get a better one.

With the drop in Husky prices, the so called "high end" aftermarket kits like meteor really don't offer the middle of the road cost option like they used to. So, these cheap kits are hard to resist for project saws where someone wants to keep the cost down. These parts allow us to have some cheap fun as hobby types. In some ways it's similar to picking up the dead saws we have fun bringing back to life. Sometimes there's more wrong with one that we initially see and it's too far gone to bother with.

There'll likely be an ugly saw that comes along to use that 346 kit on. I agree with whoever said that it's better to use whatever rings come with the kits if the plating is suspect.

Back