Not happy with hutzl...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found that Huztl's products are hit and miss, qualitywise. I will definitely NOT be buying a cylinder from them anymore, I changed out a friends piston/cylinder on His Stihl concrete saw and it lasted one day. Checked and it had no compression, the cylinder was worn out. Went and looked at the pictures I took before assembly, and now noticed the cylinder had no chrome plating!
I stay away from engine parts. Some plastic is fine to use.

Yup, should have ignored it. But it fit an all too common pattern. Guy wasn't even participating in the thread, drops in and says something like that in his first post. There's some guys that just cruise the site looking for something to disagree with.

Way WAY off base about me here my friend, and a little research on your part could have determined that. That said, I will apologize to all of you for my comment.

So I told them the piston is scored and the plating is baked on the piston. They want more pictures. They where only going to replace the cylinder, which I would have no problem with if the piston was fine. I just want to get some good parts.

Not everyone has a couple hundred bucks to spend on a oem cylinder. Believe me I'd I had the money to spend on one parts we would be here on this post right now. So anyone have a oem 272xp cylinder to donate lol. I have the worst luck as it seems, constantly always something like this huztl issue

Best strategy so far! If a bunch of people followed through with that soon it would make a difference. Do it.
I been writing this for sometime. Paypal and eBay cases are all they respond to. It's bad when you bargain with them. Meaning they must provide the part you purchased in new condition. Many people try to get something, like bargain for the old part too. Sends the wrong message. Make the do excatly what they were supposed to do, no bargains. Then we will see some light.

In fact here is one page where I have a plan.

https://sites.google.com/view/thechainsawkitguy/the-chinese?authuser=0

Not everyone has a couple hundred bucks to spend on a oem cylinder. Believe me I'd I had the money to spend on one parts we would be here on this post right now. So anyone have a oem 272xp cylinder to donate lol. I have the worst luck as it seems, constantly always something like this huztl issue

Well, I got an option for you Eric. I have a new OEM 272 kit that I dropped and the top fin is broken off. Obviously can't sell it for full price like that. Was going to use it on one of my own projects, but if you are interested, I'll ship it up there for $50. Normally would be $150 plus shipping, so not a bad deal.

Woot!!! I'd be all over that in a heartbeat!!!!! OEM piston is worth that and missing the top fin won't hurt it one bit.....especially up here in Maine....if the OP was in Arizona or Costa Rica then may be an issue but even then probably not.....Bob comes through again!!!!

Well, I got an option for you Eric. I have a new OEM 272 kit that I dropped and the top fin is broken off. Obviously can't sell it for full price like that. Was going to use it on one of my own projects, but if you are interested, I'll ship it up there for $50. Normally would be $150 plus shipping, so not a bad deal.
That would be awesome bob! I'll shoot you a pm and we can work out the details but that would be huge for me. Btw I watch you on YouTube alot, I must say you know you stuff

Wow. Jump on that deal!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Spike60 is a stand up guy i must say. Not sure what I'll do with the 272 hutzl cylinder now though. Maybe I'll try my hand at at porting that cylinder for my 266 or even the jonsered 630. If I screw it up it won't be a big deal

So huztl only wanted to send me a new cylinder not the complete p/c. After explaining to them and multiple pictures they are going to send me another complete kit. Not sure what I'll do with the cylinder just yet though. Might be a good cylinder to practice some port work on. Have have a older 266 that may be a good test mule for a ported 272 cylinder. Not sure just yet though

So huztl only wanted to send me a new cylinder not the complete p/c. After explaining to them and multiple pictures they are going to send me another complete kit. Not sure what I'll do with the cylinder just yet though. Might be a good cylinder to practice some port work on. Have have a older 266 that may be a good test mule for a ported 272 cylinder. Not sure just yet though
Lets see how that goes.

I understand a little about porting but I'll have to get the right tools to do it. I have small carbide bits for my dremel but what I don't have is small sanding wheels to back a to clean up my work. Just a thought though. Good chance it'll be a 25 dollar paper weight

So bob did me a hide favor and hooked me right up with a 272 oem kit. It came in the mail today. So didn't the warranty huztl kit. I'll get some pictures when I get home but I must say the quality on this piston and cylinder looks to be way better quality than the first one I received. Almost like it was cherry picked

So bob did me a hide favor and hooked me right up with a 272 oem kit. It came in the mail today. So didn't the warranty huztl kit. I'll get some pictures when I get home but I must say the quality on this piston and cylinder looks to be way better quality than the first one I received. Almost like it was cherry picked

Glad to hear you got a hookup. Now you don't have to torture yourself trying to rig that substandard stuff to try and make it work. We have a saying here that goes, "I'd rather eat olives and bread to save money..."(we got a lot of olives so they are basically free) Meaning, sometimes its better to shortcut in other areas and spend where it matters. Go for OEM when you can!!!

:cheers:

Even the arrow on the piston is square. The first one I got the arrow was point at like 70 degrees

Attachments

• 20180304_132654.jpg
    20180304_132654.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • 20180304_132814.jpg
    20180304_132814.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • 20180304_132755.jpg
    20180304_132755.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 19
  • 20180304_132716.jpg
    20180304_132716.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 17
I really don't have a use for this huztl kit now, the only way I guess I could use it is one my 266 when I go to put a piston in it and the 266 cylinder isn't useable. I have a jonsered 630 that i could get it to work on but i want to keep that saw kind of as is

I have some 1184 on the way. Gotta wait for that to show up before i can do the converstion on the 268. I was going to clean the port up on the oem 272 cylinder but i think ill just leave it alone. I may have it ported next year if the cash is in the budget.
Thank you guys for all the support. A big thank you to spike60 for the hookup. He understood my situation he helped me out big time. I dont have 2-300 to spend on the p/c, as much as I would love to it just simply doesn't work for me like that which is why I went with huztl in the first place. You guys make this forum addicting that's for sure

Latest posts

Back