Ozzy Sugar gum plantasion firewood thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[snip]
Our termites like to have contact with the ground,though, they don't build the big mounds.
Thanks a lot for the info on the trees fellows.

Sorry, I missed this first time around.
Same in our southern regions, it's only up north (the Tropics) where the little white fella's build mounds.

There was a small outbreak of Fire Ants around Brisbane (came in via boat) but I think they got the horrible things under control.
We have enough nasties without adding to them :)

Been cuttin more Stringy,pic from phone so not smicko sorry.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Enough! Enough already! I can't take it any more. Please, for [insert your deity of choice here]'s sake, no more glorious pictures of amazing caches of wonderful firewood.
I've goot enough firewood envy already.

Just you lot wait until I get back in the woods. You'll all be sorry when I post pics of hectares worth of firewood and some of the biggest gums I've ever seen, dropped by me 'n Dolly on our summer adventures. And when I do and you lot are squirming and green with envy, you'll only have yourselves to blame.

Been cuttin more Stringy,pic from phone so not smicko sorry.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Enough! Enough already! I can't take it any more. Please, for [insert your deity of choice here]'s sake, no more glorious pictures of amazing caches of wonderful firewood.
I've goot enough firewood envy already.

Just you lot wait until I get back in the woods. You'll all be sorry when I post pics of hectares worth of firewood and some of the biggest gums I've ever seen, dropped by me 'n Dolly on our summer adventures. And when I do and you lot are squirming and green with envy, you'll only have yourselves to blame.

Bring it on.
Sorry i had to put these up Redgum this time for you and a link you may like.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/171353.htm

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry, I missed this first time around.
Same in our southern regions, it's only up north (the Tropics) where the little white fella's build mounds.

There was a small outbreak of Fire Ants around Brisbane (came in via boat) but I think they got the horrible things under control.
We have enough nasties without adding to them :)

under control my ass

it is a race to see if they get to my place or your place first

Cane toads
Indian minor birds
Fire ants

:(

under control my ass

Cane toads
Indian minor birds
Fire ants

Yeah I think the government has pretty well given up on those mate. Last I heard Fire Ants were running amok, Cane Toads heading south (particularly with record rainfall), and Minor Birds already in my area everywhere. They are fun to shoot though :)

Dont know bloke but the Redgum burns hot as hell.
BB kits going all right champ.

Buggar it. It was meant to blow up after 5 tanks...
How do you rate it against the stock cylinder mate? We had two brand new MS660's to run it at this forestry course. I can tell you with 100% confidence your stock 660 (now BB'd) would have flogged both of them. My Dolmar and 390XP made them both look extremely slow. In fact I actually thought they were both quite gutless although they did pick up power after 3 days and a dozen odd tanks.

How do you rate it against the stock cylinder mate? We had two brand new MS660's to run it at this forestry course. I can tell you with 100% confidence your stock 660 (now BB'd) would have flogged both of them. My Dolmar and 390XP made them both look extremely slow. In fact I actually thought they were both quite gutless although they did pick up power after 3 days and a dozen odd tanks.[/QUOTE]

My first feelings were not real flash but its getting better the more i use it,been leaning it out slowly trying to find its sweet spot,i can tell ya a tank of fuel last between 25 to 30 mins.
When i get this 441 run in im going to have a big vid day so will have to hang on a bit.:buttkick:

My first feelings were not real flash but its getting better the more i use it,been leaning it out slowly trying to find its sweet spot,i can tell ya a tank of fuel last between 25 to 30 mins.
When i get this 441 run in im going to have a big vid day so will have to hang on a bit.:buttkick:

Don't upload too many vids old son and choke up the internets :)

Oh and nice stump in the stringy photo ;)

Im tryin to catch up to you,are ya still goin to talk to us firewood hacks when ya edgamacated faller (lumberjack).:bowdown:

I may talk to you ;) Funnily enough the block we were in is getting MANUAL felled over the next three months! There are only 3 manual fallers left in the area. Our instructor told us that the manual faller in question is crap and that we'd do a better job!
Here's a rundown on the coinage.
They get around $6 a tree and fell up to 100 on a good day (limbed and bucked). Not bad coin in my book!!!

I may talk to you ;) Funnily enough the block we were in is getting MANUAL felled over the next three months! There are only 3 manual fallers left in the area. Our instructor told us that the manual faller in question is crap and that we'd do a better job!
Here's a rundown on the coinage.
They get around $6 a tree and fell up to 100 on a good day (limbed and bucked). Not bad coin in my book!!!

Limbing and bucking 100 trees a day is a fair effort

The "green army" I look after occasionally Did a week of training

First Aid 1 day (used to be a week)
ACDC agricultural chemical distribution and control 2 days (normally this is three fourty hour modules)
Chainsaw operation and maintenance 2 days

The training was done by a company that delivers training to mining companies

They had a stihl MS250 and a shidawa 446 both had brand new full chisel chains "husky" they had a safety bumper link on both saws.

The trainer said the shidawa was hard to start but watching him look for a manual primer bulb that did not exist for 2 minutes and then not be able to work out the manual choke, he was looking for a fast idle postion for another minute or two was a little painful.

H25 .325" 1,5 mm - Chains

I asked why the saws had full chisel when a semi chisel will hold a sharp edge longer, I said I only use full chisel in really clean wood. .
I own ten times the number of semi chisel chains to full chisel.

answer
Full chisel are easier to teach how to sharpen only one angle in one plane not two angles in two planes
After 40 students have used it for 5 minutes each they buy a new chain................maybe I should asked them to give me their old chains.

The statement "Sthil is an american company and husky is German" made me nearly bollocks the the trainer on the spot.

My favourite memory was watching him cut a 100mm log he kept pulling on the handle and letting go. It was like watching some one use a old school can opener
images

I have not let any of these kids use any of my saws yet but work bought them a MS250 so maybe I can set them straight on a few things

The indigenous kid 20 that has been bugging me " I used to work for a tree company" did the wildest notch 65% of tree back cut was 25 deg out of alignment with face cut. face cut was about 45 deg to the lean and I had to yell at him to stop as the tree was allready falling. :msp_scared:

under control my ass

Cane toads
Indian minor birds
Fire ants

Great.
Another case of don't believe the official line.

We've had Indian Myna's for years, invasive little bastages, hell, I've even seen a flock of sparrows around here.
Hopefully it's too cold in winter for bloody Toads around these parts.

Back