Partner 5000 Plus aftermarket piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good to know. I wasn't aware they were making them now.
As far as the Husky 55 vs the 590... the Husky does have a considerable larger combustion chamber and less favorable timing numbers.
I'm with Mark on the source... I'll wait until a different place sells them. I got lucky on ebay a couple years ago and bought a couple NOS top ends cheap. They were marked as unknown, so I'm not really in need as of now anyway.

That's good to know. I wasn't aware they were making them now.
As far as the Husky 55 vs the 590... the Husky does have a considerable larger combustion chamber and less favorable timing numbers.
.... .

Not a surprice - after all, the CP 55 version was made for EPA reasons, and not to make a better performing 55.

Neal...great thread....a quick question...how is the dimension between the wristpin bosses compared with the OEM piston?.... I did a thing a while back on the VEC piston for the 49sp.....was a beautiful clone except for one thing.... instead of the 0.035" running clearance of the upper conrod to boss on the Mahle....the VEC had like 0.210"......enough slop that the big end of the conrod could contact and rub on the counter weights. I was lucky as I was able to machine a few 0.000s off the bosses and use a 52/52E wristpin bearing and a set 52/52E thrust washers which gave me a running clearance of 0.015" or so. Just wondering as I have seen this same exact thing in 262XP Golf piston. Very sloppy.... and this is the only thing that centers conrod on the crank journal.

I posted this in Kev's thread on this piston, but I will put it here as well- the wire diameter of the supplied clips is .031... that is the exact same size as OEM 346 clips.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Back